Other Side Restaurant

Riverside, Vang Vieng, Laos

Other Side Restaurant Vang Vieng Reviews

kimpigott kimpigott
Good food, great service...Friends on repeat all day and free wifi and right by the river :) Aug 13, 2011
I beg anyone that goes to Vang Vieng to visit this restaurant. I can guarantee that you will fall in love with Thong (pronounced Tong) who is the waiter there. He welcomes everyone in with his huge personality. I think he may think I'm his girlfriend that he wants to take to go meet his parents!! :) He's lovely though!

Also the other thing to also fall in love with is the 2 little puppies that they have here. Both soooo cute! Have added more pictures and they seem to be a hit with everyone. I did mistake him for saying that he used them for soup (they do eat dogs over here - not to put you off but it's a known fact!) but he did assure me that he was saying that they were clean and that they used soap to clean them!! :)

The food is reasonably priced and has such a wide range of food. Breakfast, through to sandwiches, Laos food, desserts oh and the best pancakes! My regular was a pancake with chocolate sauce and honey for just 15,000 kip!! Honestly so nice! It is right on the riverside and they are just developing it to go further down so that you can sit right by the river.

It's not a sitting down at the table restaurant, basically it's a lie down at your table restaurant. As you walk in all of the tables are raised off the ground with low tables and cushions for you to sit and relax. It's hard not to have a little nap after eating and a full stomach!

There is free wifi and Friends is usually on repeat all day so you almost feel like you're back home in England! I spent most evenings in there with the laptop just eating and drinking. Great way to relax!

Just be careful with the toilet, you go down some steps and it's one of the crouching toilets just make sure you put the blue string on to the nail to hold the door closed - had a situation where someone walked in on me. Thankfully had finished but I've also walked in on someone too!

I've put the price as not really cheap as it really does range depending on what you order. I've ordered a full meal and drink for less than 50,000 kip and that's less than £4 so you can eat really well here.
Me with Thong - me not looking qui…
The outside at night
Me with the little puppy :) :)
spocklogic says:
Well written review with good information.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
pearcetoyou says:
Just as long as those puppies aren't on the menu! haha
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
mirkku387 says:
Hey Mrs. Thong! :D Your restaurant review makes me want to pack my bag and fly over - just to visit Other Side in Vang Vieng. I wish you have a lot of fun on your future adventures! Take care. x
Posted on: Aug 13, 2011