Osteria dell'Orsa

1 Via Mentana, Bologna, Italy

Osteria dell'Orsa Bologna Reviews

paulinam paulinam
excellent student / rustic-style cuisine Apr 18, 2011
THE place to go in Bologna if you want to experience a ocal place without any pretentions!

Every day there is a new Menu with really good (and cheap!) pasta and other dishes.

It doesnt take you longer than a few glases of red or white wine to fall into a deep conversation with your table neighbor who happens to be an irish-english writer living in Bologna since 15 years.

I am gonna go back to Bologna just to eat at this place!

(BUT if you are looking for a luxury snobby style restaurant this is clearly not your place to go.)
stewy88 stewy88
Economical and tasty Dec 26, 2009
Located around the University quarters, this "Osteria" is often frequented by the younger student population. Essentially it is very reasonably priced and also serves up good quality cuisine.

The osteria differs from the trattoria in the sense that is often a lot cheaper and it offers a more pub like atmosphere. The inside is a lovely environment and the basement level is perfect for group meals and occasions. Me and my friends spent lots of our free time here. The restaurant gets extremely busy during the lunch time period. In the summer time you can also eat outside in a very cosy seating area.

They always do a menu of the day which I would definitely recommend. The food is always nice in my personal opinion.

As a side note I would also recommend a bar called Cafe Rubik for follow up drinks. It is just around the corner from the osteria. Try the famous "Magic Sam" cocktail, very good and very strong!
LaurasAdventures LaurasAd…
Good food, good prices, local favorite Aug 02, 2009
After 4 years of living/visiting Bologna, just yesterday, I finally went to the beloved Osteria dell'Orsa for the first time. It's great.

Very popular with the locals, but it's also the place where they take their tourist friends. So you'll generally see a few travelers there too (which is great!).

They don't charge a cover fee for table/service/bread, which is highly unusual in Italy. Their menu offers at least one or two handmade pastas each day (which are bound to be delicious whatever they are!) but also a healthy range of other things. They have panini, about 15 different bruschetta appetizers, good wholesome salads (one of the few places that offers those!), piadine (e regional specialty), as well as the usual pastas and meats. It's nice because you can get whatever you're craving at a good price.

Plus their kitchen's open from 12 noon to midnight!
missaeliya missaeli…
Dec 01, 2006
Bologna is known as the food capital of Italy (and I happen to be a big pasta bolognese fan) so when I went to Bologna to visit a friend, I was hoping to taste authentic bolognese pasta at its very best.:)

She brought me to Osteria dell'Orsa, a small restaurant near University of Bologna where she studied. She and her classmates spent some time looking for restaurants which were popular among the locals and they found them flocking to this place during lunchtime so they went it. She claimed that this is the best pasta she has ever tasted.

And my verdict? Their specialty, Taglatelle Al Ragu is indeed the best pasta I've had in my life. :D It was meaty, creamy, and really really delicious. We even ordered a cheese pizza and while it looks like it's just made up of sauce and cheese, it was soft and amazingly delicious as well. I wonder how they do that!

The prices are also quite cheap, I think we spent less than 15 euros for 2 dishes of pasta, a pizza, and drinks. The place is small though, so it gets kindof crowded, and you will almost always need to share tables with other people.

If you go to Bologna, I strongly recommend that you eat here and order Taglatelle Al Ragu and I promise you, you will LOVE IT :)
the yummy yummy taglatelle al ragu…
me and jill and some new found fri…
findmeabeach says:
Good tip, thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Nov 08, 2007