Osteria Mozza

6602 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Osteria Mozza Los Angeles Reviews

Stratification Stratifi…
Great Food Mar 12, 2011
After working for a foodie business and eating at hundreds of delicious ethnic/foodie/gourmet/Michelin starred businesses all over the US, I can proudly say this is the best damn meal of my life.

I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend who believes that a sensual (but ultimately ephemeral) experience as unique as Alinea is easily worth $500. Eating here is a huge treat, a once in a lifetime opportunity (unless you host something on the Food Network) and worth every penny- really, I promise. Alinea truly delivers on every level- I'm proud that the Midwest offers the creme de la creme by international dining standards (could El Bulli really be better? I guess I'll never know). Read up on Alinea's expediting process before you go; pique your interest by watching youtube vids on the molecular gastronomy devices Grant solicits. Page through his "cookbook," and watch some of Mike Sula's brilliant Reader vids on their collective mad genius. Consider all of it opening act to your tummy's greatest show.

Grant and his team are savants (duh) but also dorks of the highest level; food nerds who treat dining as a video game, to conquer each evolving level and eventually save the princess.
mellemel8 mellemel8
Aug 28, 2007
*****THE REST OF THE FOOD PICS ARE ON THE "LA BLOG" COULD NOT FIT MORE THAN 5 PICS OF FOOD, ENJOY THE PICS******

our reservations was at 10:15pm. we had a good meal and very expensive one. mum treated us. i had the rack of lamb, john had the braised beef, ashley had the monk fish, which is called the cooking world, poor man's lobster. it tasted exactly like lobster tail. mum had the guinea fowl. for appetizer, we all shared the house spaghetti, pig's tuppers(meat of pig's hoofs, figs with prosciutto, and grilled octopus. while we were waiting for our main course. the chef sent us from the mozzarella bar a plate of rolled up mozzarella with veggies drizzled with olive oil on top. for dessert, we shared, a chocolate fourless cake with nougat, boysenberry tart with vanilla gellato, and olive oil gelatto with rosemary and basil cake. now that dessert was the best one. i though am bias with anything chocolate. their coffee was outstanding.

when i eat something i never drink coffee or tea with milk or suger. you got enough of it in the dessert. we had conservation that lasted til 12am. they only valet.

nancy silverton(owner of la brea bakery) and co-owner was behind the kitchen making the salads.

Sharing the corner of Highland and Melrose with Pizzeria Mozza is Osteria Mozza. In the heart of this brand new Osteria rests Nancy Silverton’s free standing Mozzarella Bar – the pivot of Nancy, Joe and Mario’s creation – both literally and figuratively. Here, Nancy prepares a wide array of fresh items from Mozzarella, Burrata, Bocconcini, Strachiatella and many more. The full liquor bar is backed by a stunning millwork feature and spills into ten high-top marble stands where guests can gather to enjoy items from the Mozzarella Bar. The remainder of the menu features salumi, pasta, seafood and meat dishes as conceived by Mario Batali and executive chef Matt Molina; based on their culinary adventures in New York and Bologna. The dining room features window seating around the perimeter and a main dining room surrounded by a vast wine rack display. This room spills into an indoor/outdoor room opening onto Melrose Avenue before transitioning into the private dining room that can seat up to 40.
my rack of lamb
TRE69 says:
WOW...all that grub looks great...I'll have to go there when I have a craving for Italian food!
Posted on: Sep 05, 2007
mellemel8 says:
everything is good. i suggest to try the olive oil gellato and braised beef. it is worth it :)
Posted on: Aug 29, 2007
sybil says:
oops meant 9/25
Posted on: Aug 29, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Osteria Mozza

Osteria Mozza!!!
It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Mario Batali, and I used to travel to NY to eat at his restaurants (and still do) - but I was supremely pleased when he partnered up with Nancy Silverton (a renowned … It's no secret I'm a huge fan of Mario Batali, and I used to travel to NY to…

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals