Osteria Mamma

(323) 284-7060

Osteria Mamma Los Angeles Reviews

Marina2710 Marina27…
Risotto to Die For! Nov 20, 2012
While underestimating how far four miles of a walk would be from my hostel, I trudged past this place on my quest to find a particular Korean food joint. It was dark outside and the huge windows made me stop and stare at what was going on inside. It was quite beautiful: small tables with candles, hard and cozy decor, full of people paired off into intimate couple. I took a picture of the sign to remember it and called the next day for a dinner reservation.

My friend and I racked up a $150 tab an it included a glass of wine each, one appetizer and one salad to share, two entrees, and two desserts.

My salad was a Tre Colori ($8.75) made up of Treviso radicchio, Belgian endive, baby wild arugula, aged Grana Padano. The appetizer was a Crostini di Burrata ($17.25) which had burrata crostini with black truffle and Parma prosciutto.

My friend had an entree of Halibut alla Griglia ($26.95) which was grilled Halibut fillet served with sautéed spinach and baby heirloom tomatoes, but it was rather bland compared to my Squid Ink Risotto.

Yes, it was completely black and looked like an alien glob, but I almost cried as I ate it. The flavor was DEVINE!!! I almost licked the plate! Seriously though, this dish I will dream about more than once. It is not on their menu, but ask for it! It was about $25.

I had a lemon sorbet and my friend ordered a hazelnut gelato, which were a bit much after such a rich meal, but my friend insisted.

For a special dinner with a friend of a romantic night out go here.
Mamma herself (years ago....)
This view made me stop. I wanted t…

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals