Ostello del Cavaliere

Via della Giudea, Santo Stefano di Sessanio, Italy

Ostello del Cavaliere Santo Stefano di Sessanio Reviews

davidx davidx
Delicious food, delicious setting Jul 13, 2006
This restaurant is just outside the walls of this medieval walled vllalge and until the 2009 earthquake there was a view of the old watchtower over the wall. Sadly this was destroyed.

I have eaten here twice. The first time was in 1998. I had gone with a friend to stay for a weekend with his family, who lived near L'Aquila, and meet his new grandchild for the first time, before going about on our own. Unfortunately my friend was very ill and spent most of the time in the house in bed, not wanting company or even the TV. There was no point in the family missing their normal Sunday lunch out and they took me with them to this restaurant. I won't pretend to remember what we had to eat - only that it was delicious - but I do remember the second son of the family, then 5, racing about switching off all the lights, while he waited for his food.

The next time was with Pam on the trip to Italy in 2006 that I have blogged. They were officially shut that day but the daughter of the family who owned our apartment was able to arrange a meal for us. I remember best the lentil soup that was out of this world!

Check Santo Stefano di Sessanio Hotel Deals