Ostello San Frediano

Ostello San Frediano Rates and Deals

Ostello San Frediano Lucca Reviews

Vipin Vipin
Great building! May 29, 2011
Of all the budget hostels I have been to, this place is rather amazing. I think it used to serve as a school for upmarket Italians, and after it closed down, it got converted to other things before becoming a hostel.

The location is really easy, but make sure you follow your map. It is very easy to get to the main tourist sights from here, and is situated just within the town walls.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Meals are available for a price, but judging by what was on offer, I think you'd be better eating out (at least for the daytime anyway!).

The dorm rooms are spacious and with good quality beds. The lockers are nicely spacious too. The bathrooms are few in comparison to the amount of beds here though.
Enigmaa says:
Mate you are a reviewer guro! Keep up the good work! Trustworthy stamp from me!
Posted on: Jun 10, 2011
cotterb cotterb
Located right off the main street Mar 28, 2009
This is a nice hostel run more like a hotel right near the main shopping street. It's very close to the ampitheater and the wall that runs around the town.

They have a resturant inside which offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as a vending machine which sells beer, water, soda, and snacks.

Checkin was easy (they keep your passport) but it's pretty big so getting to your room can be a bit of a walk up some stairs. I stayed in a dorm which I think they put at the back of the hotel on purpose.

Linens were provided, but a towel was not. Each room has a large locker for all of your backpack etc and your room key comes with a key to the locker. The beds were firm, but soft, and I slept very well.

The rooms are insulated from the outside so I didn't hear street noise, but inside was a bit loud. I went to bed at nearly midnight and there were a bunch of high schoolers giggling and staying up later which I could hear. I was so tired it didn't matter, but that could be annoying.

Curfew here is at midnight, and the hostel closes then. Additionally, checkout is at 9:45. While they advertise a closed period during the day from 1-4 (I think) I got in at 1 and they didn't question me going straight to my room. The front desk seemed to be staffed the entire time.

All in all I recommend this place. My dorm bed was only 18€ and they do have singles and doubles private ensuites available. The bathroom for the dorms was rather large with a toilet, 2 showers, and 3 sinks. Our dorm room had a sink too.

Check Ostello San Frediano Rates and Deals