Ostara Lente Exquinox Festival
W. Lodewijkstraat 33 , Bourtange, Netherlands
www.bourtange.nl/index.php?l… - + 0031 599 354600
Ostara Lente Exquinox Festival Bourtange Reviews
Ostara Lente Equinox Festival (Medieval Festival) in Bourtange / NL Apr 02, 2011
In spring, when the days and nights are equal (equinox), there's a big gathering in the fortress. In 2011 it was on April 1 - 3.
It's arranged by historic groups. At the bastions the life between 800 to 1700 a.d. is readjusted. Several camps were devided to the five bastions so that inside the fortress you can make a time travel through 900 years of history.
Additional to that there's a homely fair with entertaining activities as:
- Night's tournament
- Bow and spear tournament
- Historical execution at the market square
- Music and drumming by various music groups and walking-acts
- A fair with historic booths offering typical spring products
- Several craftsmen that the audience can try by themselves
- A bartering fair for historic goods
- Historic fair for children
The entrance fee wasn't cheap. It was € 8 for adults and € 5 for children for a daypass but it was really worth it.
So, if you like historic places or festivals Ostara Lente Equinox is a must-see.
Part of the A nice place in the neighbourhood (Bourtange / Netherlands) travel blog
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!