Ostabudin restaurant

Skolavordustigur 8, Reykjavik, Iceland
Ostabudin restaurant - lamb
Ostabudin restaurant - whale meat
Ostabudin restaurant - garlic and herbs bread
Ostabudin restaurant - the restaurant from outside
Ostabudin restaurant - fish soup

Ostabudin restaurant Reykjavik Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Great Little Restaurant Apr 23, 2016
This place famous for it is Icelandic lamb and I was craving for a huge big meat of lamb. This is our second choice of restaurant since the first choice was fully booked and we could not dine there. I was glad we come here since the food was really big in quantity and delicious in taste. I definitely order the Icelandic lamb for the main meal and have a fish soup which contains more than fish as it has mussels and scallops as well. The soup was interesting, it appear Icelandic cook the soup in coconut milk and mix with some sort of curry as I can taste the curry and spiciness. The whale meat was interesting, it cook from the outside only so inside the meat is still raw, and it taste soft and tasty as well.

Oh my god, the lamb looks and smell soo good. The meat was so tender and really delicious. I was very happy with the serving and I was too greedy, since I could not finish my lamb meat – but I managed to wolf down 2 pieces of the meat. It was delicious.

Unfortunately I could not have dessert at this place since I was really full.

I would highly recommend this place. The restaurant itself very small and not many table but the service was good, and the chef or owner come to talk to us and asked about the food.

I think there is a room in the back of the restaurant since I see some people come out from the kitchen area and they also managed to accommodate more people in the back when the table in front was full. Go there and try the food yourself if you are in Reykjavik Iceland.
garlic and herbs bread
fish soup
whale meat
gingerbatik says:
ha..ha.. thanks Vance, their lamb was really good:)
Posted on: May 04, 2016
vances says:
LOL - love your comment and believe everyone should "wolf down" their lamb!!!

Posted on: May 04, 2016