Oslo - Gardermoen Airport

Gardermoen, Norway

Oslo - Gardermoen Airport Reviews

CFD CFD
One of the best Airports in the world Feb 17, 2011
Ive been at Oslo Airport hundreds of times and after being at many slow airports around the world its always a joy flying through Oslo Gardermoen on the way home to Bergen.

The arrival hall is located on the 2nd floor and is shaped like a square with a lot of screens and signposts and generally slow lines. If you prefer to use the self-checkin machines located right next to the entrances there is a lot of places where you can drop your bags without having to wait for people checking in.

Another nifty thing is that you can identify yourself with your fingerprint. Just put your finger on the machine at the bagdrop and at your gate. You dont even need your passport/boardingpass :)

The security is normally quite fast. There are screens telling you how long the estimated wait is which is a nice feature to have. Ive never waited more than 10minutes even at rush-hour around 17:00

When you clear the security you have to turn left for domestic and right for international. THe gates are numbered 1-64 with 1-31 being domestic and 32 - 64 are international.(Roughly split 50/50)

Customs/Passportcontrol is a breeze.

I would say that Oslo Airport is my favorite "big" airport in the world. (20 Million PAX a year). I normally show up around 50-60minutes before flights which is 30minutes more than you need.

PS: If youre flying to Norway chances are that you are flying through Oslo. You have to clear customs in Oslo and drop your bag at a counter. You dont have to wait in line to do this and just go to a counter which say "Bag Drop".

Transport to/from the Airport:

Coach (50minutes) 160kr Many departuress /hour

Airport Express Train (20min) 3dep/hour 170kr

Regional Fast Train (30minutes), 1dep/hour 110kr

The
Chokk Chokk
Oslo airport Aug 11, 2010
The airport is nice and open. It is pretty easy to navigate in there when you enter or part from it. I remember once I was flying from Copenhagen to Trondheim via Oslo and that I was quite puzzled that my boarding ticket for the Trondheim plane was a finger print scanned in at the check in. In that sense it is a pretty modern airport.

There are a good amount of shops here; you can have an opinion about the price level but everybody knows that Norway is expensive; even for a Dane! Their duty free don’t have the biggest variety of product but some of the prices are quite attractive, especially products in the low quality range or bulk products.

Otherwise the airport is clean and efficient.
The departure area
The security area
Entering my plane to Copenhagen

Related Travel Blogs About Oslo - Gardermoen Airport

preparing my trip
already preparing to go on this trip. whit a thousand plains I will get there cheap and not fast xD. I will have to take a 15 year old boy there safe (lol I hope he is more responsible than me becau…airport Oslo Gardermoen. When I arrive there we have to hurry for our plane to Stavanger because we have…
Day One
We actually started our trip late at night the 18th of april, and we drove all night to the airport Gardermoen, Oslo. But I didnt mind, I slept soundly most of the way:P I went on this trip with my w…airport Gardermoen, Oslo. But I didnt mind, I slept soundly most of the way:P I went on this…
First travel day
We left school after lunch in a bus taking us to Oslo airport Gardermoen. We were 15 students + the two teachers, Mr. Ask and Ms.Enger. Excited as we were, we had the time pass on the bus by watchi…Oslo airport Gardermoen. We were 15 students + the two teachers, Mr. Ask and Ms.Enger. Excited as we were, we had the time…

Check Gardermoen Hotel Deals