Mizusawa Shibukawa Ikaho, Shibukawa, Japan
www.osawaya.co.jp - 0279-72-3295

Osawaya Shibukawa Reviews

ellechic ellechic
A standout Udon restaurant in an udon-lined street~ Jan 10, 2010
In a street lined with udon restaurants, Osawaya stands out!

I ordered a set: udon in a hot broth and dipping sauce with the specialty mushrooms in the area - maitake - in tempura style. It was delicious!

My friends ordered the cold udon served in a basket, with a dipping sauce on the side. I've never had udon served that way but it was delicious!

Each set meal with tea was no more than 1,200yen (~$12). The service was prompt and accomodating with our questions regarding udon (thank goodness for my Japanese friends who translated) and the restaurant itself is gorgeous and empeccably clean!

The restaurant itself is massive! You enter through the spacious lobby and it feels like a museum. You remove your shoes and place them at the shoe cabinest lined on the side of the wall before entering the dining areas.

The restaurant separates into two wings: the traditional seating and the western seating. The traditional seating area is a dining room where the tables are low and you seat on a heated floor with cushions. The western seating dining room consists of the usual tables and chairs.

My friends and I chose the traditional seating area. The lunch crowd was gone so the area was only half full.

To get to Osawaya from Ikaho, we took a cab (paid around $25) from our hotel.
Okawaya: Udon Restaurant entrance
Okawaya: Udon Restaurant
Okawaya: my udon with dipping sauc…

Check Shibukawa Hotel Deals