Osaka Japanese Restaurant

www.osakaduluth.com - 218-727-3222

Osaka Japanese Restaurant Duluth Reviews

narcymai narcymai
Affordable sushi May 25, 2012
This sushi bar and hibachi grill was just built in 2010, I believe. I was recommended to try this place when it just opened by some college friends and I absolutely love it.

The cost is definitely reasonable for both sushi and the hibachi grill, which is fantastic for a poor college student like me. Prices range from about $7-$11 average, of course, depending on what you feel like getting.

The atmosphere is excellent. During the lunchtime, it's usually a little more laid-back and less busy. It's also a little more quieter for those of you that like to dine peacefully. Around dinnertime, Osaka's is usually louder with more going on because of the business and the hibachi grill shows. Definitely entertaining and lively for those of you that want fun while you eat. The bar is to the left right when you walk in and is lit up in blue beautifully.

The service is very good. Some of the servers are a little awkward, but they really do mean well. They're all very polite and try to be friendly with you. I love the service here because I frequently come in during the lunch period to get a bubble tea (by the way, this is pretty much the only place for bubble tea in Duluth) and I usually run into who I think might be the manager of the restaurant. She is a petite and adorable lady that is all smiles and has memorized exactly how I like my coconut bubble tea. That kind of service makes me feel welcome and keeps me coming back.

Now for the food, it is definitely worth trying. The sushi is better than the average sushi that I've had and for the price, it is excellent. The hibachi grill is pretty much the same deal. The hibachi grill show is very entertaining, complete with skilled knives-manship, flaming onion volcanoes, and interactive food tossing right into your mouth. I love coming here for birthdays and other celebrations for food, entertainment, and good service.
yasuyo says:
Very interesting review,Mai! I wanna try our cuisine at abroad sometimes:) And absolutely here is:) Thank you for sharing us!
Posted on: May 27, 2012