Osaka Christmas Market

Osaka JR station, Osaka, Japan

Osaka Christmas Market Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
A piece of Germany in Japan Nov 29, 2013
Osaka Christmas Market is located outside Osaka Umeda station, on the ground level between JR Osaka Mitsukoshi Isetan and the new Grand Front Osaka south building. My curiousity was woken when I heard that there was a Christmas in Osaka.

The market was very small, it only consisted of 6 stalls. I must admit that it was a bit stranges to see this typical German Christmas market in between high modern Japanese buildings.

Each stall offered different kinds of Christmas goodies. The 6 stalls sold typical Christmas cakes, Gluhwein, Sausage & Brezel, Soup, German beer and Gifts. I guess it's difficult to make it just like in Germany, but it was a good try. I didn't see lebkuchen, but they did have stollen. The sausages were tinned, so not quite right and the brezeln didn't come straight out of the bakers owen. The German beer included Munchener Weisse and Cristal Weisen.

It was quite cold and windy when I was there so a cup of gluhwein with Grand Marnier felt good. 7$ for a small cup of gluhwein was a bit too much though.
Glühwein (mulled wine)
Sausage & Brezel
sarahsan says:
It was actually not too bad Brian! It was only that the surroundings didn't add to the atmosphere. It would have been nicer if they had arranged the Christmas market in a park!
Posted on: Dec 13, 2013
spocklogic says:
It's a bit cheesy looking, but give 'em credit for trying anyway I guess. Like you said, it's all about getting in the spirit anyway, yes?
Posted on: Dec 10, 2013
sarahsan says:
Ils: No, it´s not, but it was charming!
Chris: It was quiet! I believe that they had just opened the market. It was the 29th November!
May: Yes, check it out. Even though there was no snow, it put me in the Christmas spirit!
Posted on: Dec 10, 2013