Orsa Vandrarhem

Orsa Vandrarhem Rates and Deals

Orsa Vandrarhem Reviews

zsb123 zsb123
Tucked away hostel with incredible breakfast Jul 11, 2011
When I was looking for a place to stay in Mora, Sweden, the only thing available around the Mid-summer (midsommaren) holiday in Sweden was the hostel in Orsa. It was my last choice when it should have been my first. After finding my way there (finding it is not easy), I was struck by its location. It sits on top of a hill overlooking some of Orsasjön, a beautiful lake in Central Sweden. It turns out that this region of Sweden -- Dalarana county -- is the most popular place in Sweden to celebrate mid-summer.

The town of Orsa is small but next to the town sits a campground. It was a family setting with circus, mini-golf, and "camping" Swedish style, but it still offered singles or non-married couples without kids fun things to do. "Camping" in Sweden can mean parking your camper van next to other such campers in long rows with lots of other people.

Orsa Vandrarhem is a family owned hostel with a breakfast that's unmatched. It starts with the bread. Not only did I wake up for breakfast early, but I also stayed late to discretely take more bread and make sandwiches for the day ahead. I'm not lying by saying I would go back to Orsa Vandrarhem just for the breakfast.

I don't know the usual crowd as this hostel, but when we were there it was an older crowd who were pleasant and quiet, a great place to catch up on sleep, recover, and eat well.

Check Orsa Vandrarhem Rates and Deals