Orient Beach

Saint Martin
Orient Beach - Like the French do! Whoa!
Orient Beach - Nice beach
Orient Beach - Nice beach
Orient Beach - The waves weren't that rough, but they were rollin'

Orient Beach Reviews

dutchman9696 dutchman…
Orient Beach, St. Martin May 11, 2011
I have enjoyed Orient Beach numerous times. I thoroughly enjoy the French side of the island. The beach itself is enjoyable UNTIL all the buses unload with the 'day-trippers' from the cruise ships. When that happens the beach is packed (except for each end), you can't get a lounge chair, the bars a crowded and some areas can get pretty loud with the rowdy, younger crowds. HOWEVER, this is only a few hours a day and if you go down to either end of the beach...more towards Esmeralda Resort the more quiet it gets. Just remember that on one end of the beach there is Orient Beach Resort (the nudist resort), so if you're offended by nudity, just stay away.

The activities on the beach are varied, albeit pricey. Wave running can be a lot of fun, but watch out as the waves can get big enough to really have you flying...which (from personal experience) can get you or a passenger thrown off. The beach bars are all pretty good and the service is very friendly.

And after a day on the beach you can go to Grand Case and enjoy a wonderful dinner at any number of fabulous restaurants.
HuBison HuBison
Nude tanning vs. No thank you Aug 23, 2010
I think we paid to get in there, if so, it was cheap; I can't remember. We posted up near the Boo Boo Jam Beach Grill and were very content there. Some people in our group walked down the beach and as Americans, came speed-walking back to our end with their eyes covered. Not used to the whole nude tanning bit, they decided to stay on our side of the beach. So, I really don't know if it's always divided like that or if Orient Beach is a preferably nude beach, but it's on the French side of the island, so be ware!

The Boo Boo Jam Grill has pretty good food and someone in my group wanted coconut water, so the guy actually went and climbed a tree and brought her back a fresh coconut! There are some vendors that sell little trinkets. The waves are a little rough, but you can bathe in the sea without fear of getting washed away.
Nice beach
The waves weren't that rough, but …
Like the French do! Whoa!
Saint Martin Map