Oria Hotel Jakarta

Check Jakarta Hotel Deals

Oria Hotel Jakarta Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
New Hotel in the hood Mar 08, 2014
This is a reasonable new hotel in the area, since it just open last year and still on working progresss, the hotel still rebuilding it on the other side of the building. Inside the whole hotel, we still can smell the new paint and some worker still working on the front door of the hotel. Everything in this hotel still looks brand new and sparkling white wall. Free parking available if you drive a car there.

I just walk in to the hotel and ask for the price, which cost IDR567,000 = usd 56.70 per night for 2 people inclusive buffet breakfast and tax. I see the room first before agree to stay there.

Our room on the 8 floor is quite basic and small with big windows facing the city. The room is clean, fresh smell of paint and the room freshner, and looks new and modern with all amenities we need. The mattress and pillows is very comfortable and very quiet inside the room at night time. However, during day time we could hear people opening and closing the door or talking in the hallway but night time is really dead quite. It was nice view from the room toward the city at night time with sparkling lights from a far.

The receptionist is friendly and quick when providing the room. We need to pay the room in advance and there is a room deposit required, IDR200,000 = usd 20 and refundable when check out. The hotel accept cash or credit card (no additional charge if using credit card). There is 2 elevator and work reasonable fast and we need to insert the automatic room key card into the elevator slot so the button can work and reach our room, otherwise the elevator would not work and just stay still.

Buffet breakfast served at first floor from 7.00 am to 10.00 am. There were no breakfast voucher but you need to tell the staff outside the breakfast room, since she asked all the guests which room no we were from and how many people.

Breakfast selection is okay, not that much but reasonable for early morning. You could order omelet from the cook and there is fried rice and porridge if you like. There are also selection of cereal and fresh fruits on the other side.

I like the location of this hotel as it is walking distant (maybe 3-5 minutes) to “Sarinah” shopping center, and Plaza Indonesia and Grand Plaza shopping mall which can be reach by taxi which cost IDR 10,000 (=1usd).

Plenty of hotels along this street and a couple of restaurants which is handy and I like those restaurant called “ Toko Bakmi 3” which has good selection of Chinese food at very reasonable price. If you dare to try local food which are available on the street with a cart, there are plenty of it, but be aware with the hygiene and safely of those establishment.

Overall, I enjoy my stay in this hotel and I probably will stay again if I visit Jakarta.
flat screen television, dresser