Orchid Garden Suites

Orchid Garden Suites Rates and Deals

Orchid Garden Suites Manila Reviews

TravellinChic Travelli…
Cheap Hotel in Manila Jun 29, 2010
Paid Php1,400.00 (with a corporate discount) when me and some friends stayed for a night so we could have a girls night out :) Really cheap considering that you also get good breakfast for 2 pax in the morning after. Everything is quite basic but it's cheap considering the price. The location is good being a walking distance from the Central Bank of the Philippines where we work. Walking distance from CCP and harbour square where you could have dinner along the Manila Bay or take that dinner cruise offered in the bay or the cruise going to Corregidor. Very close from the airport and the location is safe and not shady :) Also very close to Makati, the financial district which is also a good destination for shopping, dining and going for night out :)
internationaltoll says:
Hi Natalie:

Thanks for the excellent advice. I will probably just stay at the Intercon this time, at least on my way in as I do not land until around 10:30 pm and will have to catch the bus out of Ermita at 8:30. I have tons of free points at the Intercon but it seems a shame to waste them just for a few hours. I've been coming to Manila now for over 10 years so it is like my home away from home!

Have a great day,
TravellinChic says:
Hi Greg,

There is no complimentary airport pick-up service on this hotel. They will charge you a high price if you ask from them and it will be cheaper to take the yellow airport metered cab. Just make sure you have enough change P200 or less will be how much it will cost from airport to this hotel. Some taxi drivers asks for extra "tip" so if you have change you give them what you only feel like giving without asking them for a fair change.

This hotel is a cheap option tho so if you're used to the likes of Hotel Intercon, maybe you will prefer staying at Heritage Hotel which is closer to airport, more expensive but also with facilities and ambiance almost similar to Hotel Intercon. I don't think our hotels here in teh Philippines have complimentary airport transfers tho bec my Italian classmate takes the yellow cab from airport everytime he comes to manila and he is even staying at Shangrila Makati all the time..Shang is supposedly a more expensive hotel and yet they don't have this service and asking for a car to pick you up or bring you to airport will cost several times the amount you'll pay for the cab. I will recommend the cab, it's fine and should be safe. The most problem will be that you'll be unlucky to get a cab driver who asks for a big "tip" by asking if they could "keep the change", hence, best to have change :)
internationaltoll says:
Hi, do you know if this hotel has airport pickup? I come over two or three times per year on my way to Puerto Gallera for diving. I usually stay at the Intercontinental in Makati, especially if I am mixing a business trip with a dive vacation. Next trip will be all vacation so I am looking for something closer to Ermita (but not in Ermita) as I catch the bus to Puerto there.

Thanks for any advice,
Old world charm - a little TOO old, maybe? Apr 06, 2008
A good value for the price, but I really question their website's use of the term "4-star luxury." The building definitely has charm, and the lobby is gorgeous. Sadly, our room definitely did not look like the pictures on the Internet - but maybe they have upgraded since 11/07? Our room was in great need of upgrades during our stay in November 2007, and would rate about 2 or 3 stars in my opinion. Our room had broken fixtures, scuffed up paint, torn curtains, mold stains, and had the smell of cigarettes in our "non-smoking" room.

The location is good, but not safe (in my opinion) for walking at night. I advise taking a taxi.

Bottom line:

I think you could be happy there if all that you expect is a safe and comfortable place to lay your head and to use as a base for Manila sight-seeing. But I think the hotel does themselves a disservice by telling guests to expect 4-star luxury at 2-star prices. Just don't expect too much, and you may be pleasantly surprised. At under $50usd, it actually was a good value for us.

Orchid Garden Suites Overview

Tucked conveniently in the very heart of the business area of the city, the Orchid Garden Suites Manila provides a very central accommodation in Manila. It is within walking distance of the World Trade Center, the Philippines International Convention Center, the Folk Arts Theater, and the shopping of the Malate district. It is also less than two miles from the famous Intramuros area where the region’s most historic sites are found, including the Rizal Park (Luneta), and the Manila Cathedral. The Orchid Garden Suites Manila is located at 620 Pablo Ocampo Sr. St. Malate Metro Manila which is approximately 6 miles from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

Each of the 89 bedrooms in the Orchid Garden Suites Manila is outfitted with panoramic views, full-sized bathroom with tub, a personal safe, satellite TV, a minibar, direct dial phone service, and 24-hour room service.

The Orchid Garden Suites Manila is set in a pre-war mansion and provides visitors with services and facilities including a friendly lobby lounge with bar and snack service, a business service center, several dining options including restaurants and bars, a swimming pool, private gardens, meeting and conference rooms, banqueting facilities, and 24-hour front desk service.

Orchid Garden Suites Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Full-service catering
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower