Orchard Hotel Singapore

Orchard Hotel Singapore Rates and Deals

Orchard Hotel Singapore Reviews

jenyenh jenyenh
Business Hotel with no class May 16, 2011
A friend of mine tagged along in my transit to Singapore in May 2009 en route to Bali, it was a one minute decision since I wanted to visit my friend who lives there. Since this trip was not planned, I just decided to get a ticket and sort out our hotel at the airport. When we arrived it was around 7pm. We head to the hotel reservation counter at the airport and ask the lady if there are hotel rooms available near the Orchard street. She was so nice and happy to recommend the Orchard Hotel Singapore. My friend and I did not hesitate for a second about the hotel. We paid about 200 Singapore Dollars a night and we paid for one night deposit. And then the lady arrange for our taxi to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, there were 2 receptionists at the desk. Both of them on the phone and their eyes were on the desk, not even a glance to recognize our presence. I was getting a little impatient but my friend calmed me down as we have paid already for that night and its too late to walk out. Finally after more than 5 mins one of them hang up. So, she smiled and ask us if she can be of any help. We told her we were checking in and showed her our receipt from the hotel reservations at the airport. She looked at it and then started calling. She was all the time on the phone. Finally after about forever, she gave us the form to fill in, I just didnt have the patience to do it anymore so I let my companion do all of it. While we were trying to complete the form she kept looking at the receipt as if something was so wrong in it. When we were done, she gave us the key and told us the room number. We asked her that we would like to have a wake up call at 7.30am. There was no bellman to take our luggage, so we had to drag our luggage all the way to the room. When we entered the room, we were really disappointed. The room smelled like cockroaches, the carpet looked like there was flood a moment ago and it dried out, the bathroom had no amenities whatsoever except for a soap sealed in a plastic, the one that you see in a backpackers place. But I was

too tired to complain, so we just took shower and use our own shampoo and shower gel. The only good thing was the towels were white, although its not as soft as I hoped they would but it looked clean. The bed were 2 king size bed, which I really enjoyed as I have a huge bed to myself, but the bed linen were so old i was so afraid to pull them I might tear it. I went to sleep right away, I didnt even recognized that the bed was so hard. I woke up the next day at 9.30am with a phone ring. I was thinking it was our wake up call but the receptionist called us to ask for payment of our room. We told her that we paid already and we gave the receipt to the receptionist from last night and she said she will double check and let us know. She called back after 30 mins and said that we have not paid. I told her to check properly. She called me back after about 10 mins and apologized. My morning did not start out right, I was so pissed off that I forgot to complain about my wake up call. I missed out breakfast with my friend that morning and that experience made me conclude not to come back to that hotel.

The one thing that surprises me is that they advertise the Hotel as business hotel, but they missed out the one thing that is important for business people - wake up call! Well, they didnt do me right this time. I will not recommend this hotel at all.
satamony satamony
Great Location but small room Mar 30, 2011
Great location in the heart of orchard street but very small rooms, but i would recommend this hotel for my friends, although we waited for one hour in the check in because they didnt provide our room with smoking two bed so they change it from king to two beds but they provide us coffe for free and drinks while we were waiting
PJ_06 PJ_06
Not recommendable Mar 07, 2011
The only thing great about this hotel is the location, other than that this hotel is not 1 I would reccomend..

The hotel is noisy & cleanliness needs attention..

The room smelt of mould & although we requested a non-smoking room it still had a smoke odour.

Breakfast wasnt great either...

Best advice:

Orchard road has numerous hotels.. rather choose one of the others..
bmeister bmeister
Creature comforts without the space Jan 04, 2010
Good amenities will let you overlook the cramped room and 1960s-esq furniture. Location places you in a central Singaporean hotspot, Orchard Road. Accommodation strikes a good balance between affordability and comfort.
sylviandavid says:
thanks for this review... sylvia
Posted on: Jan 08, 2010

• Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Free Parking
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Orchard Hotel Singapore

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…hotel and checked out before heading to a pancake house for breakfast.   Not a bad consultation prize.   As I sat reading a particularly unhelpful and disinteresting tourist book…
Singapore Clichés
With just 48 hours in Singapore, we can’t afford to waste our precious time so after we checked in at The Hive and took a shower, we explored the city.   With my previous travels abroa…Singapore Flyer, Esplanade, Raffles Hotel, and Orchard Road .   We couldn’t resist not hopping off at the Merlion…
SIngapore 2010
Being abroad is always a nice experience for me..Stepping my foot on a foreign land..seeing people talking in different language is such a thrilling experience. I arrived in Changi International airp…Orchard Road (Meritus Mandarin Hotel) It was a nice hotel situated in the shopping centres of singapore. Gosh...i had many…

Check Orchard Hotel Rates and Deals