Orbitur Guincho

Check Cascais Hotel Deals

Orbitur Guincho Cascais Reviews

KarinaB KarinaB
Cool campsite near Cascais Mar 26, 2014
Really cool place to stay. I camped there for the duration of Buddhist Festival in Cascais in October 2013. I was actually very positively surprised how good the campsite looked! It's clean and well maintained. There are a number of toilet and shower blocks which are actually quite clean. Showers are good too and have hot water.

There are a number of facilities on the site, i.e. cafeteria (I discovered that actually price of food was comparable with the one in town), little shop, swimming pools etc. The cafeteria introduced vegetarian meals especially to cater for our needs, which was really lovely of them! Claudia, who works in the cafeteria can speak about 5 languages and has a really good sense of humour and she really cracked us up :)

As the campsite is outside Cascais, you need to think about your transport. There are buses just outside the campsite, however they are not very frequent and they are rather pricey, unless you buy a 10 ride pass (passes need to be purchased in town at the bus station though).

If you pitch your tent, please be mindful that it's a campsite by the beach therefore the ground is really sandy, however I had no problems with my tent flying off or anything like that ;) Just lots of cleaning and shaking the sand off when packing it back!

You can't go to the beach from the campsite- the beach it about 15-20 mins walk and you need to leave the premises to get there. The campsite has 24/7 security guard at the gates and gates are locked at night.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the campsite and would recommend it to everyone.

Check Cascais Hotel Deals