Orange

Orange - watermelon-pineapple juice

Orange Chicago Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Juice, Pancakes and Frushi for Brunch Aug 16, 2010
Orange is a very popular brunch restaurant in Chicago. We went on a Sunday morning, around 8:30, getting there ahead of the crowd that arrived around 9. There was a line out the door by 9:15.

I don't normally order juice to drink, but when I saw a create-your-own-juice menu, with a watermelon option, I couldn't pass it up! I got a watermelon-pineapple creation and it was delicious -- and so pretty to look at! Other options included cantaloupe, orange, grape, and cucumber.

When it came to ordering, I went with the pancake flight, a selection of four different stacks of babycakes. They feature a different theme weekly, and this was an international flair in honor of the upcoming World Cup: pancakes made with flavors from Italy, Brazil, Spain, and Argentina. The Italian pancakes were my favorite. Coffee infused pancake batter with marscapone and a ladyfinger. Something like tiramisu.

Orange's specialty is frushi, sushi made from fruit. We each got a platter of it. The first being coconut rice with a grapefruit slice; the second being blueberry and orange rice with pineapple and strawberry. It was an interesting thing to try.
watermelon-pineapple juice
the pancake flight
frushi
alyssa_ob says:
Yum! That looks and sounds good!
Posted on: Aug 09, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Orange

Day 2 - On the road
It's 7:30 A.M. Central time and I'm sitting in a motel room in Moline Illinois. Population 43,768 and home of the "Quad city steam wheelers". That's all I know about this city. It's a mystery to me. …orange.. We stopped in Chicago, Illinois for dinner (Navigating around was insane and stressful) and then continued on our way. we read…

Check Chicago Hotel Deals