Orana Wildlife Park

Orana Wildlife Park Christchurch Reviews

shirlan shirlan
Fantastic! Aug 21, 2008
Where do I begin?

$20 per adult for entry. There are a couple of things that you can do at an extra cost. We did them. There is a free shuttle that runs around the park which is free of charge. There are a number of stops along the way so if anything takes your interest, just get off then and if you want, get on it again when it comes back but that will be about half an hour.

There is a schedule of feeding times throughout the park. It is worth trying to do as much of this as possible. We saw the black and white Lemurs then a tiger. From there we went to feed the giraffes. That is a great experience. You can stroke their necks and they will take the food out of your hand.

We also went to the Kiwi house and the reptile house.

Then it was time for the lion feeding. Everyone can stand and watch but we went on the "Lion encounter" which was an extra $20 each. We stood in a cage on the back of a truck with lions climbing the sides and walking on the top. I wonder if the people watching were jealous or just thought we were mad!

The next thing on our list was, again an extra $20 each, into the Tigers den. Very informative and amazing.

After that we walked to the other side of the park to see the Cheetah feeding and then the African Wild Dog.

There were feedings that we didn't get to but of course we could still walk around and see the animals.

There is also a cafe and function room, souvenier shop and picnic, bbq areas.

The park is a non profit organisation therefore all profits go back into the conservation of the animals and the park upkeep. The staff and volunteers are great!
Giraffe feeding. Free!
Tiger feeding. Free!
In the cage for the Lion feeding. …
djc81 says:
Nice Review and photo's
I will be adding tnis place onto my list of things to see.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2009
Koralifix says:
Sounds like a good place to go ... all these wild animals so close, great!
Posted on: Jan 29, 2009
yheleen says:
oh wildlife parks are my weakness ;)
Posted on: Aug 21, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Orana Wildlife Park

Timaru to Christchurch
Today we headed back to Christchurch. Our holiday time is getting closer to ending. :-( As it wasn't a very long drive to Christchurch we decided to go straight to Orana Wildlife Park as I wanted to…Christchurch we decided to go straight to Orana Wildlife Park as I wanted to see the rhinoseros being fed. It was a lovely…

Check Christchurch Hotel Deals