Opodo Limited

www.opodo.de - Tel: 01805 / 67 63 61

Opodo Limited Berlin Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Booking with Opodo - Fees and cancellation Aug 25, 2012
This is the story of my cancelled trip to Stockholm, which I had booked through Opodo.de. (also available opodo.uk and others). This was my first experience with Opodo. If you want to know details read on. I was very impressed with their handling of my cancelled flight, although I don't agree with all of the hidden fees along the way, but I guess they have to make a living too.

I got my money back, minus the very cheap travel insurance I had bought and it took less than a week.

I do recommend opodo. I don't think they're much different from expedia, and opodo offers rail&fly deals which I had never seen on expedia.

In detail:

I recently booked a flight to Stockholm with Opodo. They had the cheapest fair even when I decided to book very last minute (less than three weeks before departure).

The booking went great. They took my US credit card without a problem. Confirmation came quickly (as it does with expedia).

The ticket was a Rail&Fly, the connections were reasonable.

When I started my journey on a Friday morning I was in for a rude awakening. The first leg of my trip was cancelled and therefore delayed by 5 hours and that would have put me on a different connecting flight than my travel companion. Not to mention having to spend more than 8 hrs total at just the one airport.

I was sent to the booking desk of Lufthansa and there I decided to cancel the whole trip. They said they would forward the information to Opodo.

After a few days I received an email from opodo asking if I had enjoyed my trip... so I had to call them making sure they knew about my cancellation.

The phone call is not free, which is where the hidden fees come in. Yes, the booking is cheap. They'll charge you extra for:

-credit card payment

-a service packet (these two charges combined are 10 Euro)

If you have any problems you have to call them. No email service. The call costs 14 euro cents a minute and you have to listen to ca. 3 minutes of advertisement.

I was ticked off at this point. None the less I decided to be nice and tell the lady on the phone about my problem.

She said that they did receive the cancellation notice, but the customer ALWAYS has to call to make the arrangements for getting the money back or make any changes to a trip.

She was very friendly and apologetic. She only asked me for the last four of the credit card and the security code and told me it would take a few days. She apologized again for the cancellation (which wasn't their fault) and we disconnected.

This could have become a nightmare but it didn't. The trip wasn't that expensive, but still. I would book through opodo again.
missandrea81 says:
There's your comment. lol I see it now. ;)
Posted on: Aug 25, 2012
westwind57 says:
Useful review. These extra fees are sometimes an annoyance, but like you say, they have to make a living. And many of us, consumers, want to see the lowest fares plus we want to see which taxes, charges etc. apply in order to compare. I guess the extra fees could be avoided, but then it is back to the past when the "base prices" were higher because these charges and taxes would be included. I mean, either left or right, at the end we pay for it anyway. Have a great weekend :)
Posted on: Aug 25, 2012