Open day dutch greenhouses/ Kom in de Kas.

Tinte, Netherlands

Open day dutch greenhouses/ Kom in de Kas. Tinte Reviews

vosking vosking
See the dutch greenhouses from the inside. Apr 05, 2008
In the first weekend of April every year, the greenhouses in the Netherlands are open to the public. It's a nice opportunity to see the greenhouses which the Dutch are famous for, from the inside. You can take a walk through the greenhouses and ask as much as you like about how it all works. The diversity of greenhouses is enormous. You could go to the flower-,gardenplants-,vegetables-,fruits greenhouses and to the cattle breeding.

This year I went to some greenhouses nearby my hometown on the island of the province Zuid Holland, called Voorne Putten. I went to the small town of Tinte. 't's a tiny town, but it's great in greenhouses. Everywhere you look, you see those glasshouses. I went to a tomato-, aubergine-, chili-, cougette-, paprika-, Hydrangea- and orchid grower. And I also visit a stable with over 200 lambkins and about 100 sheep.

It's fascinating to see how fast everything grows in those greenhouses. And how they use insect like the bumblebee for pollination (process of fertilizing flowers and plants by transferring pollen to the stigma of a flower)and other insect for distroying nasty bugs instead of poison. And you may taste many things like the new species of tomato's. Never knew there were over 300 kind of tomato's. It was a nice day, I really enjoyed it. Next year if your in the the netherlands around the first weekend of April, go and find it out for yourselve.
The orchid plantation.
one of the greenhouses for the aub…
Sign for visiting the greenhouse.
Flower of a cougette. There is a b…
Kato7 says:
Hi Charlotte, I was just wondering if you had chance to find out for me which flower greenhouse is good to visit in Tint. I might be going there for the first week of April as you suggested. thank you so much in advance for your help. Eka
Posted on: Mar 16, 2009
Kato7 says:
Hi, your review is exactly what I was looking for. My brother and I want to visit Holland and take a look at the greenhouses there. we are planning to start a greenhouse business in Georgia so it would be great for us to see how it is done by world experts. Would you recommend any places? we are mostly interested in flower growers. Thank you in advance for your advise.

Eka
Posted on: Feb 21, 2009
johanhoogstad says:
Heel gek!!! een Tinte blog!!
Posted on: Jan 15, 2009