Opatija im Tal

089 268353

Opatija im Tal Munich Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Croatian food in Munich Sep 10, 2015
In case you are getting tired of Wurst and Bavarian food or what I would consider very porky options, there is a Croatian restaurant in town which can offer you seafood. Located next to Louis Hotel, this restaurant is not that hard to find (5 mins walk from Marienplatz). It was pretty crowded at dinner time at 6 pm. So we sat outside (I would have preferred to sit inside cos it was cold). I ordered the grilled squid which came with a bowl of salad and a bowl of boiled potatoes. You can actually eat purely the salad and you are full! Huge portion! The grilled squid was simply fresh, light and yummy. My husband had the snitzel with mushroom sauce which also came with a salad. He could not finish the snitzel. So unless you are super starving, ask for a Klein (small) portion at a reduced price. My husband also had a dark beer & tried a Croatian snapps (liquor shot) as a digestive. The waiter we got was also friendly. Some locals at the next table were very drunk (all dressed in Oktoberfest outfit so most probably they were at some festival earlier since its not Oktoberfest period in town yet), they must have been drinking for a long while now (all red skin & loud), one of them collapsed against 1 chair at our table & his friend had to encourage him to go home. The waiter was very tactful in handling them and trying get them to leave so as not to disrupt other diners.

Total costs for 2 persons: EUR35. How cheap is that?!
Huge salad