Ootoya(大戸屋)

www.ootoya.com - 052-249-3349

Ootoya(大戸屋) Nagoya Reviews

ys484 ys484
I went to Ootoya at last! Oct 22, 2014
Since I read momiji-Eiko's review 6 year ago, I've wanted to go to this Japanese restaurant. Actually Eiko went Sakae branch and I went Fushimi branch. I've visited Fushimi area several times during these 6 years, but I had chosen other restaurants. Yes there are many good restaurants in this area. We visited there about 17 o'clock on Wednesday. So Ootoya was not crowded. Thanks for its English menu, I didn't have to translate Japanese menu into English. Like Eiko wrote it, it's not a small dish. And it's cheap and yummy. A staff was very friendly. Samantha and Ivy also love this restaurant. Ootoya has about 200 branch stores in Japan and overseas 29 branches are located in NY, Taiwan, Shanghai, Singapore, Thailand, HK and Indonesia.
momiji momiji
cheap and delicious Japanese food Oct 04, 2008
This restaurant is actually everywhere in Japan. I know only here in Nagoya and it seems there is only one in Nagoya :P

Because it's only one in Nagoya or it's so delicious, this restaurant is always crowded. You have to wait at least 10-30minutes. If you don't want to wait, just go there either very early or very late or maybe on the weekedays.

Costmers are teenagers to old guys. It's really cheap and it's not small dish. If you are not a big eater, you'll be full. They have pretty much every type of Japanese food, well not sushi..

On the menu, they are showing how many calories it is in each food so if you are on diet, you can order something really healthy like fish.

I know waiting 30 minutes to eat is crazy but it's worth it!! You want to come back!!

* i don't have pics of this yet. but when i get it, i'll upload it *
sandy_ryanto says:
We have this same restaurant in Jakarta, and it is expensive even to compare with other japanese restaurant!
Enjoy it for us, OK? :)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2010
ratu says:
Eiko I was in the BKK one (just only on the door)
Posted on: Oct 06, 2008
yasuyo says:
Ohh! I want to go to here!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2008