Onkel Otto's Schnitzel Haus

.0711 5052891

Onkel Otto's Schnitzel Haus Stuttgart Reviews

bigmac993 bigmac993
Too Much Food but Oh So Good! Dec 21, 2012
Friday night 12 of us decided to go to Stuttgart from Winnenden where we are staying to eat at Onkel Otto’s Home of the XXL-Schnitzel. We took the train to Stuttgart, went one stop past the main train station and walked about 10 blocks to Otto’s. I had never been to Otto’s before and was not sure what to expect and had only had schnitzel once before at a restaurant in Winnenden where the restaurant’s menu called it a “Hot Cheerleader” but that is another story.

It appears to me that the schnitzel is a very thin slice or rolled out piece of pork, thinly coated with a light batter and seasoning and deep fried. The bottom line is it is very good.

So we arrive at Otto’s and ordered. All our orders came very quickly and even though we had seen pictures on the Internet, the size of the portions was unbelievable. I ordered the regular schnitzel but still could not eat it all as it appeared to me to be enough food for about 4 people but 4 of our group ordered the XXL and none of them could finish even half of it. The plate err platter comes with home fried potatoes or French fries with the schnitzel on top and it can be ordered with several different sauces or lemon wedges. Plus there is a salad bar too.

This is a must do experience when visiting in Stuttgart, Germany and the price is very reasonable.
View of restaurant from outside
Our group at the Winnenden train s…
Our group inside the restaurant
Inside
aloneinthecrowd says:
Congrats on your feature, James :)
Vlindeke says:
Congrats on your feature James :))
sarahsan says:
Congrats on being featured James! Well done!
bagusferriyanto bagusfer…
Nice Place to Eat Jun 06, 2010
Have you ever experienced that you just order wrong food?

I went here on my last day in Stuttgart on my way to Frankfurt flughafen back to Bali Indonesia.

My local friend invited me to experience the genuine taste of scwabish food.

Frankly I've tasted better than what I've ordered.

Look forward to try another one.
The Beer
my food
bagusferriyanto says:
In general I like all these beers in this country, but this one is an exceptional. =)
frankly, no not really!! (this one only)
Posted on: Jun 07, 2010