OnePass Frequent Flyer Program

Houston, Texas

OnePass Frequent Flyer Program Houston Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
OnePass for Continentl Airlines Aug 08, 2009
“OnePass” is what Continental Frequent Flyer Program is called. I enrolled in this program on July 25, 2009 when I purchased my ticket to Fort Lauderdale on Continental Airlines. I was at that time offered a Chase Bank Credit card for 25,000 miles to my new OnePass account. The deal was if I apply for the Continental Airlines World MasterCard I would receive 25,000 bonus miles after my first purchase which was enough for reward travel. I would earn two miles for every $1.00 spent on tickets purchased directly from Continental and one mile for every $1.00 spent on other purchases. Plus as the primary card member, my first checked-bag fees will be automatically waived (a savings of $30.00 for each round trip per passenger checking bags). Awesome I thought, but no thank you I already have three major credit cards that I really need to think of closing.

Enrolling in the program was free, that I did happily but anything that involves annual fees or monthly bills did not seat right with me, so I declined the special offer for a Chase credit card. There are two levels in the program: The Non-Elite, and the Elite. The website had more information on how to qualify for the Elite status and I thought I might share it with you, here goes:

a) OnePass Elite membership is earned by flying Continental Airlines and select airline partners. You can earn Elite status based on either Elite Qualification Miles or Elite Qualification Points in a calendar year.

b) The Elite Qualification Miles are based on the number of paid flight miles traveled and the fare purchased. Elite Qualification Points are determined by the number of paid flown segments traveled and the fare class purchased.

c) Elite status is not based on your total OnePass account mileage balance. Mileage earned through promotional and partner offers, as well as certain non-qualifying mileage, does not apply toward Elite qualification. Additionally, certain fares such as industry discount, Hotwire and do not count toward Elite qualification or mileage accrual.

d) Residents of Europe/Israel/India receive 200% base miles, 200% Elite Qualification Miles and 2 Elite Qualification Points on their transatlantic flight in purchased Business First fares in J, D, Z or A class of service. Residency is defined by the address on your OnePass account.

e) For Elite members who purchased tickets in Y or B fare classes, all accruals will be based on 500 minimum mile earnings.

f) You may also qualify for OnePass Elite membership by using the OnePass airline and rail partners listed below. Please note that earnings for each partner may vary.

Here is a tier of how much you must earn to achieve certain levels in the OnePass program: Elite qualification is based on a calendar year (January – December)

Silver Elite 25,000 miles or 30 points

Gold Elite 50,000 miles or 60 points

Platinum Elite 75,000 miles or 90 points

SkyTeam Alliance Partners:Aeroflot ,AeroMéxico, Air France , Alitalia, China, Southern Airlines, CSA Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines (only miles qualify), KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Northwest Airlines, Aero República , American Eagle , Cape Air , Continental Connection , Emirates , EVA Air , Hawaiian Airlines (inter island flights only), Horizon Air , Island Air , Kingfisher Airlines , US Helicopter , Virgin Atlantic
Africancrab says:
It is, isn't it? I lke their partner airlines, I use most of them.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2009