One day trekking tour near Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai, Thailand
One day trekking tour near Chiang Mai Reviews
very nice tour Nov 26, 2011
i went to this tour in 14/11/2011.
1- I like trekking with elephant it in 20 min.
2- I like sailing in the bamboo boat it very nice in 30 min.
3-I like long neck village you will see new culture but i am
very for this women because they hold heavy necklace about 2.5
kilos and more sorry because this women work and men sleep
in the most of the village.
4- I do not like butter fly farm it too small and i think the butter fly in Penang it is more big and more beautiful.
5-the Waterfalls not clean water and i wish if they skip it.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Trekking Nov 13, 2009
We decided a one day trekking tour for 800 BHT per person which included:
1.Butterfly and Orchid Farm
3.Lunch (rice with vegetables in bamboo leaf)
4.Trekking to the Waterfall
7.Pick up from hostel
1. Butterfly farm had few butterflies only, but it was quite pleasant and quiet place. Of course they had a lot of typical souvenirs like jewellery from butterfly wings etc.
2. Elephant show was very commercial and I didn't like it. The elephants behave unnaturally and it was almost like in circus.
3. Lunch - tasty and simple rice with vegetables. I liked.
5. Rafting on pontoon. Very enjoyable. I remember I had to explain the girl from RPA all details about Poland in communists times. I described all problems with getting toilet paper, queues at shops, our fight for freedom. In the mean time I had to paddle:)
6. Bamboo rafting. It was quite interesting, because the raft had begun to sink when we sat incorrectly. We were totally wet.
We had companion of French people and South-Afrikaners. I sang the "Champs-Elysees" song with one of the French guy. He thanked me. We rode on elephant again but basically it was on very tourist way - on a special wooden seat.
I rode bareback, because at beginning we didn't want to ride at all. Finally we tried it again.
Trekking was awesome. The final swimming under the waterfall was amazing. The water was cold, but it was what the body needs after one day of walking.
Part of the Thailand 2009 travel blog
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy