One Steph Inn (Apartment)

12 rue de Nice, Paris, France
N/A - +33684486650

Check Paris Hotel Deals

One Steph Inn (Apartment) Paris Reviews

WheresHelen WheresHe…
WARNING: Don't Even Consider Putting Up Here! Apr 18, 2011
After my stay at this private apartment, I kept asking myself how could the apartment owner have the cheek to rent the place out?? So I am writing about this poorly maintained private apartment to warn you never to stay here - don't even try. Yes, it's that bad.

I remember we did mention that there was going be 4 of us staying but the apartment couldn't fit all 4 comfortably. Why not bothered telling us in advance that 4 was too many?

All the time we thought the man we corresponded with through the net was the owner until we arrived at the ground floor of the apartment and saw a different name on the pigeonhole belonging to the same exact address. A couple came to do a quick clean up of the apartment before letting us in and collecting the rent from us. We didn't meet our liaison. So you see, it took 3 people to play middlemen for the owner just to get his old apartment rented out. Given the situation, I then realised why the rent was expensive. The price snowballed each time it was passed down to different hands for those people to earn a commission!

For the price that we paid, the first thing we hoped for was a clean, decent and comfortable place to stay in. But much to our dismay, we got a lousy place!

The main door required a lot of practice to open and we had to be rough with it. The curtains were dirty and dusty. And so were the pillow cases! There were two wardrobes, one locked and another not locked. Half the space of the wardrobe which wasn't locked was taken up by very dirty old clothing and old boots. There was only 1 proper bed to be shared by 2. It came down and stopped midway at a push of a button, an idea that came to help maximise space under the bed when the bed stayed up near the ceiling when not in use. But what use was that when we preferred to have more beds? The couch-bed, when flattened, could only fit 1 person. So 1 person had no other choice but to sleep in a sleeping bag on the unswept floor.

A lot of fixtures and things in the apartment looked as if they came from the way of the dinosaurs. We were not tempted to use them for fear that we might break them, unless really necessary. The stove worked very slowly. It was close to 30 minutes before water in the pot boiled. The electric kettle...urgh... I have to tell you this. I filled the kettle with water from the tap and then noticed that the water looked murky. I couldn't even see right to the bottom of the kettle. I poured all water out from it and later saw lots of green particles of algae hanging loosely from the coil! Could anything else in the kitchen be dirtier than this? We ended up buying drinking water from the stores.

I guess the only thing easy on the eye was the bathroom. It was ok, thank God!! A few towels were provided but they too, looked as though they had not been sent to wash for a long time. Now who would dare to use them?

To stay here, we were asked to wire a deposit prior to our visit and pay the rent by cash right upon check-in. The deposit was returned upon check-out. That must be their gimmick of tying people down to that hard-to-market-run-down apartment.

If you ever see the name One Steph Inn on any of the online hotel booking websites, Please Don't Ever click on it.
Listening to the rules laid on the…
Hadi25 says:
Congrats To be Featured :D
U should something realistic :D
nyprne says:
One way to communicate the risk of staying at this same place is to have your review featured. Thank you for alerting the rest of us. Best wishes and safe travels!
WheresHelen says:
Hey thanks and have a good time in France, ok! Hope you & Olga have a good day too! ;o)

Check Paris Hotel Deals