One 53

153 Washington Street, Rocky Hill, NJ, USA

One 53 Rocky Hill Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Good Eats in tiny Rocky Hill May 19, 2008
I had read their menu online a few times before, and I had some preconceived ideas about the place even though I had heard good things from multiple sources. So I'm glad to say that it was better than I thought it would be. They had enough variety and interesting sounding dishes to make it difficult to choose. They had foie gras, which I almost always have to try, but I didn't go for it for a change. I started with salmon tartare. It was decent enough. The fish and sauce weren't spectacular, but it had wasabi crusted capers that made it pop with flavor. It may sound funny, but the toast points and salad served with the tartare were great. The toast points were soft and buttery and the apple frisee had a goat cheese dressing. For the entree, I got roasted skate wing on Swiss chard, which was a special. The skate was flaky and flavorful. The chard was a little undercooked, tough to cut through, but still tasty.

The wine list is not very extensive, and the waiter was not very knowledgeable. They have this gimmick where all bottles are $53 or less. Some of their $53 bottles might be decent deals for a restaurant. They do have a full bar, which is probably the only one in Rocky Hill, but I would personally prefer if it were a BYO. They have a double chocolate stout beer float that, but they were out of the beer when I was there.

Check Rocky Hill Hotel Deals