On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina

5205 East Broadway Boulevard, Tucson, AZ, USA

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Incredible Empanadas, Queso and Sizzling Fajitas May 20, 2012
During my pregnancy, the only thing that I could keep down successfully was Mexican food. Living in Tucson, the Broadway Location was the closest to my home. My husband took me there literally every day until we moved to Sierra Vista. I loved the food prior to my pregnancy and had eaten here many times.

I always ordered Empanadas with Queso dip, and for the main meal a sizzling steak Fajitas. They make their own Queso, creamy with fresh jalapenos and cilantro. Being pregnant, my senses were heightened and so I tasted everything, and it felt awesome.

My family recently returned to Tucson and the first thing we did was have lunch at On the Border. I love the service; the young ladies at the reception are warm, with genuine smiles, while the service team takes time to make sure everything is good with you. Not only while I was pregnant, someone might mistake their care for me and my family as part of taking care of a pregnant woman. No, service is genuinely good, pleasant and I have been satisfied each time.

Prices are cheap in comparison to other Mexican restaurants around. While On the Border is not exactly authentic, the produce Mexican foods with an American twist which appeals greatly to the Tucson residents. I'm sure the same applies in other locations nationwide, seeing as it is a chain restaurant.

The Empanadas are cheaper during happy hour, they cost $5.00 and taste heavenly with a cold beer

“If it looks Good, Eat it" Andrew Zimmerman