Olympic National Park

Washington, United States

Olympic National Park Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
Moss and moist N.P. in the US Feb 21, 2017
I've visited Olympic National Park on my road trip to Washington state from Utha. I wasn't expected that it's such an amzing National Park as there is nothing symbol like the Arches or Gland Canyon etc... therefor it cought my heart.

We stayed around Washington State for 10days,and drove around the park necessarily. As you know that area has a lot of precipitation. Then it made so moss green forest in dry US. Also it register at World Heritage site in 1981.

The park loceted at Olympic Peninsula,south of the Victoria Canada,west of Siattle. If you go from Siattle,you can take a ferry from Edmonds to Kingston. We accorording R101. Around Kingston look like a small port town the into forest after few min.

The Lake Cerescent is so quiet and excellent. Nothing big surprise but beautiful. The dugs walking around the lake with welcoming us. We stop by the smoke salmon shop and pretty antique shop near the Lake Cerescent were so nice with atmosphere of local.

The west side,it faced pacific ocean. The ruby beach and the Rialto beach both has unique shore. Rialtp beach has big rocks also drift woods around,they made look like be in different planet. I guess,it is good place for photographic.

We also visited the Lake Quinault. This area is popular than Crescent as there are lodges,restaurants,souvenir shops...etc

An another day,we treck a Spruce Nature Trail,short course near the Hoh river. At that moment I was enjoying taking pictures of forest monster meaning the tree being like a monster with so much moss. And the Hall of Mosses is worth to visit pass under the bent tree on the path.

I met so huge tree in the park,there is a biggest,highest trees in the world! How could see thoes special one at the same time. Yes,this is high recommend N.P. in the US!
The monster in the forest
A big lie down tree
Hall of Moses
a big slug
yasuyo says:
Thank you,Bill!
Posted on: Feb 26, 2017
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured Yasuyo!
Posted on: Feb 25, 2017
yasuyo says:
@ingridtrekki. Thank you! Absolutely fantastic N.P. :)

@Toonsarah. Sound good! There will be not much damp in July:) Have fun!
Posted on: Feb 25, 2017