Olsen's Danish Village Bakery

1529 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA, USA

Olsen's Danish Village Bakery Solvang Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Danish Delights May 19, 2008
I've been coming to Olsen's for years on our family road trips from Los Angeles and always try to stop if I am passing through to pick up a couple buckets of freshly baked Danish butter cookies. Mmmmmmm!

On our road trip back to Northern California, I asked Julz and Jillian if they liked cookies and well, that was probably a silly question since who doesn't love desserts! HAHA.

Neither of them had been through Solvang either so it was a perfect place to start our road trip adventures. We went inside the bakery and I thought Jillian was going to keel over from all the yummy stuff in the cases.

In addition to my tub of butter cookies to go, I decided to get chocolate and strawberry meringue (pure sugar rush for our drive) and Julz got a Petit Four and chocolate covered Strawberry. And Jillian, well, our little Jillian opted for a Petit Four, Chocolate Cake, and some other thing they called a Swedish Delight which had Bavarian Cream inside I believe. See accompanying blog for more photos and the silliness that ensued! LOL

All the desserts were yummy and we couldn't resist the urge to snap some additional photos on the camera phone and send them to our fellow TB's who could not be there! :D
shellbelle4 shellbel…
YUMMMM Nov 09, 2008
Okay - I grew up in Solvang. No, no - it is true. Solvang is not a staged town - like Disneyland. The shopkeepers and waitpersons do not have to exit Solvang to go home. As a long time local, I had the opportunity to sample Danish pastries from each of the half dozen or more bakeries scattered about town. Olsen's is, hands down, the best pastry you will ever experience. I have since moved out of the area and have vicious, violent cravings for Olsen's chocolate-topped custard-filled puffs of pure heavenly delight. I still have family in the area and make it a point to treat myself to the awesome Danish breakfast - consisting of a pastry of your choice, a hard roll of your choice, raspberry jam and butter, two slices of Danish Doffino havarti cheese, a small glass of orange juice and coffee/tea. All for only $7.95. SO VERY WORTH IT. In fact, I just returned from a visit to my old hometown with two boxes filled with pastries - what you can't eat in one sitting, you can freeze for later. Trust me - you won't regret it. Stop in and say hi to Suzy (the baker's wife). They'll take good care of you.

Check Solvang Hotel Deals