Ollie's Tavern

8075 South Decatur Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
www.olliestavern.com - (702) 384-0104
Ollie's Tavern - The girls!
Ollie's Tavern - Godard art features on the walls
Ollie's Tavern - Michelle, Lisa, me, and our friend  Tony enjoying a quick night cap
Ollie's Tavern - Michelle,  Lisa, me, and Scott

Ollie's Tavern Las Vegas Reviews

poohstanggt poohstan…
Ollie's Tavern Mar 01, 2008
If you happen to be in the SW part of town, Ollie's is a great place to stop for a drink. If you are familiar with the Golden Tavern Group that owns the PT's and Sierra Gold locations around the Valley, Ollie's is reminiscent of a Sierra Gold. It has an upscale and swanky decor, decor but still maintains the neighborhood bar vibe. It is also quieter than a PT's as they don't have pool tables.

Ollie's has a large menu and a separate restaurant area from the bar but I've only ever stopped in for drinks. I have seen various reviews in the Review Journal about their menu which has all been positive. Their head chef is from Pietro's at the Tropicana.

My friends and I started going to Ollie's when they first opened as they were one of the only places in our part of town and we wanted to support our neighborhood bars! Living in a brand new neighborhood is great until you realize the closest gas station, bar, and grocery store are miles away! LOL. And since my friends lived in Southern Highlands, this was the perfect halfway meeting point. (It will be even better when Decatur eventually goes through from the 215!!)

Ollie's has some interesting drinks on their menu, of course martinis being their speciality. In the past, I've tried many of their dessert ones which were yummy, but I always end up coming back to the green apple..such a girly one I know! This time I had one called the Original Sin martini...unfortunately, besides the Starbucks Liqueur, I cannot remember everything that was in it...it was darn good though! Lisa had a banana boat margarita which was really strong and she made Scott finish it! LOL. After eating like pigs at sushi and being so tired from the combination of sake and too much allergy medicine, this last bit of the night is a bit of a blur at this point!! :-)

The main thing I LOVE about Ollie's though is the art. They feature a lot of Michael Godard pieces that completely embrace the Las Vegas lifestyle. I absolutely love his art and some of the pieces at Ollie's made me love his work even more!! I tried to get some photos but it was hard because the bar was obviously dark and the flash basically whited out the pictures. I am posting a separate review on Godard's gallery in Las Vegas but if you are into his art at all, Ollie's features some of his earlier works.

Again, definitely a place to check out at least once if you find yourself in the SW part of the Valley. Might be best to hit it on a happy hour night as their prices can be on the high side. They have happy hour M-Th from 3pm to 7pm and most drinks are 1/2 price and there are food specials as well!
Godard art features on the walls
Michelle, Lisa, me, and our friend…
Michelle, Lisa, me, and Scott