Olivier's Restaurant

New Orleans, Louisiana

Olivier's Restaurant New Orleans Reviews

mahoney mahoney
Feb 25, 2005
I wanted to try some authentic Creole cooking. Olivier's was recommended by some people on the streetcar and I met up with Sachie and walked a few blocks from the hotel to the restaurant.

Olivier’s is an authentic family owned French Quarter Creole restaurant cooking traditional recipes handed down through five generations.

There was no wait and when I mentioned that we came there based on a suggestion from some locals on the streetcar, the maitre d’ took that as a very high compliment. We were seated at a central table; it was very quiet and relaxing atmosphere. The waiter came over promptly, took our drink orders and informed us of the specials. I told him that I wanted to try Creole and he suggested the Shrimp Scampi. I took him up on his suggestion.

I am a somewhat picky eater, I don't like spicy foods. This meal was one of the best I have ever had in my life. I was literally scraping the bottom of my plate to get every last morsel in my mouth. From their menu: "We sauté shrimp in white wine and lemon butter, season it with garlic and chives, add diced mushrooms, then thicken the sauce with Parmesan cheese." Sachie had the Crab and Salmon Cakes and it was equally delicious.

We had ordered a bottle of wine for dinner and the Stuffed Mushrooms for an appetizer and the total bill came to $69.77, including a generous tip. I would have paid more. This was the restaurant that had me thinking about moving to New Orleans to live in 2006.

If you want Creole, Olivier's is the place to go!

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals