Oliveto Italian Bistro

Oliveto Italian Bistro - Ok, the storefront

Oliveto Italian Bistro Tyler Reviews

williamsworld williams…
Meet. Eat. Unwind Mar 05, 2011
First impressions do matter, and Oliveto looks great! I love it when you drive up and see this great looking façade and nice seating area. The waitstaff and hostesses were very friendly and attentive to all of our needs. The good food made up for the short wait we had and a couple of other mishaps. The seating was good and people seemed to be having a good time.

I was a little surprised that you were served bread and olive oil before the meal, but I guess we can’t have everything we want. They also had a very nice wine list and a nice variety of dishes to order. My friend started with the Asiago Spinach Dip and really enjoyed it. She also thought it would be a good idea to try the cheese bread appetizer with marinara sauce –she devoured that I went for the Bruschetta; marinated tomatoes the basil and a balsamic glaze and that artisan bread was getting things off to a great start.

I was not feeling very adventurous so I stayed with the traditional spaghetti with meatballs and really enjoyed it. The meatballs were huge. The dish was served with a really large pile of pasta and a light coating of sauce, I guess I could complain about too little sauce and too much pasta, but oh well. There was enough pasta to take home but I decided to leave it there. My friend had the salmon and really enjoyed it. Big portions too, so you can have leftovers for lunch the next day. Tried the cookie for dessert, and the cookie was okay; my friend thought the shots of milk were genius. The $8 lunch duo is a good deal too. The photos provided are from their website as I didn’t not know we were going out to eat and I didn’t have my camera with me. I really enjoyed this place and I thought a few photos would truly show how good it was. My next trip back, I will take some and post them.
williamsworld says:
I saw that there was one there, but I don't think they are the same. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Posted on: Mar 09, 2011