Olive Garden Italian Restaurant

(520) 459 8960

Olive Garden Italian Restaurant Sierra Vista Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Delectable Parmesan Chicken Marsala with rather slow service Mar 22, 2012
I took my husband to the Olive Garden to celebrate his birthday. It has been a while since I have had Italian food, however it is one of the cuisines on the top of my food list. The Olive Garden is known to be one of the best Italian Chain restaurants in the United states. You can find one in any big city.

The one in Sierra Vista is located right on Highway 90, within the super Walmart shopping center. This location ensure that it is busy all the time. We arrived at a quarter to 12:00 noon which was a mistake considering all the working class people were there for lunch. Service became slow, but the food quality did not diminish. We were served the salad immediately but our main meal and drinks took a little over 20 minutes.

The free bowl of fresh salad is a big plus for the Olive Garden. I loved the salad, a mix of fresh tomatoes, onions, cucumber, lettuce garnished with Italian dressing. My daughter ordered the crispy Lazagna bits, I had the Chicken Marsala and Mark ordered the crusted Parmesan shrimp. All were delicious, Mark remarked he was pleasantly surprised.

I prefer the Olive Garden in Tucson. This one was way too expensive for a chain restaurant with questionable service. It is sad that it is one of the few decent restaurants in this military town. The interior was inviting though!

Price: $16-24 per person

Cuisine: Italian

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain.
Mark's crusted Parmesan Shrip
My plate of Parmesan Chicken Marsa…
My daughter's crusted Lazagna
Africancrab says:
They do make good food.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2012
Glynnes says:
One of my many favourites.
Posted on: Mar 31, 2012
Africancrab Africanc…
A disappointing return to Olive Garden Oct 13, 2012
Olive Garden is known for service and great food, unfortunately I can not say the same for the one in Sierra Vista this time around. My husband took me for dinner after a whole day of anticipating eating Italian food. It was not busy even though it was a Saturday. We were seated right away and our waiter came by to tell us about the wine of the day and take our drink order.

Mark went with the house wine, and I took a non caffeinated Italian Orange soda. For a started, we went with the Brushetta, which was nothing shot of delectable. The main meal is what disappointed me. I ordered the crusted Tilapia cooked in lemon butter source, but when it arrived, it looked like they had made it and let it sit unattended for a while. The vegetables looked withered while the angel hair pasta, looked like child's play. If anyone knows anything about plating, you know serving small portions in large plates is all about presentation, which they failed miserably.

For $15 a plate, I could have had a better meal at McDonalds across the street for $6. To say I was disappointed is to understate it.
Bruschetta appetizer
Mark's plate of egg plant and ange…
My miserable plate
Africancrab says:
I know right? You would think they would use the feedback as an opportunity for training and improvement.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2012
missandrea81 says:
Actually I hear they are not doing too good. NO wonder after reading this.
Posted on: Oct 16, 2012
X_Drive says:
With as many poor reviews as this place gets all over the country I'm surprised they are still in business.
Posted on: Oct 15, 2012