Olea Restaurant

www.oleabrooklyn.com - (718) 643-7003

Olea Restaurant Brooklyn Reviews

Glynnes Glynnes
Green Eggs and Lamb @ Olea's (Brooklyn, New York) May 23, 2010
Located in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn this Greek/Mediterranean style restaurant will not disappoint anyone looking to great atmosphere and fantastic food. This was a Sunday Brunch outing for me and a group of friends, after going to listen to The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. We began with a few mango mimosas at a table outiside while waiting for a table inside. The waitress was truely accommodating in making sure that our group was comfortable and seated on the inside. The tables outside are also great, but we figured since we're going to be at Olea's for a while eating and driking, why not relax inside. My order started with a bowl of yogurt with honey and walnuts, followed by lamb with green eggs (spicy merguez lamb sausage with eggs scrambled and wonderful seasonong) both were very delicious.

Coffee is not my thing, so I tried the Bloody Mary with ginger vodka. Oh ya!

Olea seats about 70 people and does get crowded, so get their early and enjoy the great menu selections. If you have to wait for a table take a stroll around the Fort Greene neighborhood. What more can I say, but I plan to return and sample more of the items on Olea's menu. Since Olea's is within walking distance to the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), I will be back during my planned upcoming visits to BAM for various DanceAfrica 2010 celebrations.

Go and enjoy and let me know how you enjoyed Olea.
sydny says:
Oh, I love Olea's! Haven't been there since I moved to Queens. Love what you've done with your remarks page. :) If you go back on a Saturday there's a great flea market in the summer just before Vanderbilt Ave. a few blocks up (www.brooklynflea.com). The food carts are really good too!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2010