Old Tucson

Arizona, United States

Old Tucson Reviews

Quest Quest
Old Tucson - the old town in the middle of the Arizona desert Apr 27, 2008
Waaaaaaay back in -93, my mom and I visited family in Phoenix, and they took us to see Old Tucson.

It was a hot, sunny day and we had the aircondition on when driving there. But being used to the cold air inside the car, made us gasp for air as we stepped out into the blazing sun... darn, it was hot. And being out in the desert, almost the only shadow to be found was indoors. LOL...

We walked around the town for quite some time, having fun seeing places from movies and tv shows we'd seen on tv. Movies like High Chapparal, Young Guns and tv shows like Little House on the Prairie was shot here. And I think what surprised me the most, was how small that church/school in Little House on the Prarie really was. Shows how different things are from tv/movies to real life, huh?

The graveyard was another sight to see. The toombstones with the inscriptions were somewhat unusual and I have to say funny. There were inscriptions like; "Here we laid poor Hazel Thistle, She didn't hear that Ol' train whistle" and "Lost his footin, Lost his wife, Lost his money, Lost his life", are bound to bring a smile to your face.

This is a place I remember with a smile and wouldn't mind going back to see some day. :o))
Tombstones