Old Trafford: Manchester United's Football Stadium

Manchester, England

Old Trafford: Manchester United's Football Stadium Reviews

davidx davidx
Not a fan- but Jul 23, 2012
I am not a fan of Manchester United. I said that I am not a fan of Manchester United. I hope you now realise that I am not a fan of Manchester United. However my fourteen year old grandson and his fourteen year old friend are fans and they wanted to go and see the museum and do the tour. Being really pleased not to have been cast on the scrapheap for old gimmers and pretty chuffed that they want to visit me, I succumbed and took them.

As the Olympics draw near and Old Trafford is one of the sites they are using, we were not allowed to do the whole tour. I suppose that it is evident that a bunch of fans and people like me are going to leave desperately dangerous devices if allowed into the changing rooms or the tunnel but I am a bit thick I don't see it. So we had a filmm of the places we would have seen if we had not presented such a danger and we were then taken to one spot high on the North Stand, where we received the type of talk to interest fans and then back to the museum to see silverware and photos.

I suppose fans may not consider £12.50 too expensive for this and I'm sure the lads did not but this is my review and I do.

The stadium is considerably larger than any other in England, apart from the national one at Wembley and even I have to admit that the sheer size is impressive. I also admit to having watched several games there - but don't judge me as a hypocrite too soon - they were Rugby League games in which Leeds Rhinos, of whom I am a fan, defeated St Helens in several Grand Finals of the league.
devilishangel1986 devilish…
Best stadium in the world Apr 09, 2011
Simply the best stadium in the world, with a great museum, stadium tour and a huge megastore. Watching a match there is an excellent experience.
curdo1985 curdo1985
Theater of Dreams Mar 06, 2011
Everything would be cheap to visit the home ground of the legend. It's an unforgettable experience for any "Red Devils" fan :)
matthew matthew
The Theatre of Dreams - Arrogant Utd fans self-named Stadium Mar 02, 2008
This is one of the attractions Manchester is famed for. The now 76,000 all-seaer stadium is the biggest in the U(apart from the New Wembley) and is always sold out for Premiership games.

It is still possible, but very difficult, to get tickets to matches and see the likes of Alex Ferguson, Christiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand to name but a few of their world-class international stars.

I've been a few times (although I am NOT a Man Utd fan) to witness some of the finest football the Premiership has to offer.

In order to get tickets, you would need to go through unofficial ticket sites (which obviously carries it's own risks) or be prepared to enter a price war with a tout. The only other way is if you're lucky enough to know some season ticket holders willing to sell their ticket for the odd game. Be prepared to spend a lot of money for these tickets. If bought through official channels (whoch is impossible as no general sale exists and there is infact a waiting list of nearly 10 years for a season ticket)a tciket would cost between £40 and £55. Be prepared to pay at lest double that.

A much cheaper, but fine alternative to going to a game here, is to do a stadium tour and get a feel for the one of UK's most successful club's history. The guided tour will take you through the ground, the changing rooms and to the tiphy room. It's here you'll find out howimportant this great club is to UK, and indeed, world football.
evertonforever2 says:
My blood runs the Blue of the Merseyside but I still found it a fascinating stadium tour. only near rivals are Nou camp and Maracana in my opinion.

Posted on: Aug 22, 2011
hlek says:
agreed...a MUST SEE if you're in Manchester...
Posted on: Aug 01, 2009
Deats says:
Come to Leeds United, no problem getting a ticket there haha. But then again thats because its rubbish watching us :)
Posted on: Jan 24, 2009
seventy6daytripper seventy6…
Jul 16, 2006
Hands down, a must see! I came to Europe this summer not being a huge soccer fan, but with the help of this year's World Cup and this stadium visit, I've been converted! I love football! For me, the journey took a little work to get to from the Manchester Piccadilly rail station, but I could easily find the right bus and tram now after having done it once. When you arrive, you know you've arrived. The stadium is daunting in size and stature. I came on a non-match day, so there weren't nearly as many people around. However, the stadium is equipped with a state-of-the-art museum and hour and 10 minute long tour of Old Trafford. Both cost a total of 6.50 pounds, and it is definitely worth it. The tour takes you throughout all sides of the stadium...starting at the north end and working your way clockwise. The tour makes pit stops in the VIP rooms, Press Conference room, Players Lounge, Players Dressing room, Players Tunnel, and original tunnel that was used prior to 1993. One is able to walk down the tunnel to the roar of a Manchester crowd on the speaker system, sit in the spot David Beckham sat in the dressing room in his years at MU, and interview the tour guide in the press room. Joined with the stadium tour is the museum, which guides you through the illustrious history of Manchester United. From the beginnings of the club to the fateful day in Munich to the astonishing Treble year of 1999 to viewing the present day Carling Cup, the museum is jam-packed with the club's entire history. I was amazed to see the collection of signed jerseys, boots, game balls, trophies, and video highlights.I left feeling like a die-hard MU fan. Which I just might be one day...I strongly recommend this to anyone who loves football...not just an MU fan. If you love football, you'll appreciate all this stadium has to offer!
The pitch
The players dressing room
modena says:
Ohh...sounds great!!
I'd like to go there one day :D
Posted on: Dec 25, 2007
Isoinspira says:
Yes!! Futbol is one of the greatest sports out there! It's hard not to be converted when you are in the midst of greatness! You need to go to Argentina now to be part of the craziness there.. the atmosphere there definitely beats any around:)
Posted on: Apr 02, 2007
Deats says:
Thats cool you loved it and called it FOOTBALL! I had some foreign friends over last year, took them to a game and converted them to football and my club Leeds United! The atmosphere at most English games is unbeatable. I hope one day you will get to sample it!
Posted on: Aug 08, 2006
maxcw maxcw
Mar 14, 2006
Though Manchester's worldwide soccer reputation was established with Manchester United, the Manchester City team is also really good, being in tenth place in the Premier league. It's hard to get Manchester United tickets if you are not a season ticket holder, and they're very expensive. Manchester City tickets can be purchased the day of the match. My seat behind the goal was 20 pounds and it was a great experience. Chants at American games are pathetic compared to the roars at an English soccer match. Even before the game started, we could hear the fans of the opposing team, Austin Villa, singing at the top of their lungs. We couldn't actually see them, however, because a huge metal gate in the refreshment area separated Man City fans from Villa fans. Though being behind the goal made viewing the game on the other side of the field an optical enigma, the seating had unexpected perks. We were seated right next to the section designated for Austin Villa fans. A long row of attentive gaurds separated the sections, due to England's history of holigans and violence. But that night everyone was merry. Fans from opposing teams would constantly shout organized taunts to each other, giving each other all sorts of great gestures. I saw 7-year-old kids joyfully giving Austin Villa fans the finger. None of this was malicious, it was just all in the fun of the game. Every time it looked like Man City was close to scoring, all of the fans would stand up. I can't believe my luck, for when I ran to go to the bathroom, the first goal of the game was scored by Man City. After that fans chanted to Austin Villa, "Shall We Sing....Shall We Sing....Shall We Sing a Song for You-ou-ou...Cuz You're Not Singing Anymore-ore-ore" Thankfully, I was there for Man City's second goal. Once again, the crowd exploded. The last 20 minutes of the game were really exciting, for Austin Villa scored, and both teams had lots of opportunities.
dougal says:
Austin Villa? lol
Posted on: Feb 01, 2007
stevenguyen says:
hah i wish i could be there!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2006