Old Town

(407) 396-4888

Old Town Kissimmee Reviews

Cho Cho
A place where you can re-live the 50's and 60's Jun 20, 2013
I grew up in the 1950's and 60's. You could say I am a nostalgia buff, and a devotee of that period when life was innocent and carefree. So when I moved to Florida in November of 2011, my friend told me that there is an outdoor entertainment attraction called 'Old Town' in Kissimmee a small city about 30 minutes drive from Orlando. Since then I have been there several times and have always enjoyed my visits.

Old Town is actually a section of Kissimmee built in 1950’s style that features open-air shopping with over 75 specialty shops, dining in more than half a dozen restaurants, and a choice of several thrill rides. Old Town takes you back on a delightful journey into a nostalgic past that captures the sights, sounds, and aromas of a simpler, more carefree time.

You can stroll along the brick-lined streets of Old Town Boulevard and capture the imagination and heart of the 50’s and 60’s, while taking in the intricate and ornate architecture reminiscent of past Americana.

You can find amusement rides for the whole family. For extreme thrills, you can try the Old Town Slingshot that is powered by giant cables and springs, and which catapults riders 365 feet or 110 meters in the air! There's also the 150 foot/45 meters tall Super Shot freefall ride, Windstorm roller coaster, and a giant Ferris Wheel.

The specialty stores have everything from resort wear to sports apparel, jewelry to souvenirs, and old fashioned collectibles. I was especially interested in a shop called Wound 'n Around which specializes in Hollywood memorabilia.

We usually go there around 6 in the evening to be part of a show called Little Darlin's Street Party where a local band play live oldies music every Wednesday, and on weekends. The audience is made up of mostly 'young at heart' people like us (LOL), and it's fun to watch the mature couples dancing along with the music or just enjoying themselves listening to the popular hit songs of yesterday, once more. These golden oldies (but goodies) sure bring back a lot of wonderful memories for me!

To sum up, Old Town is a family oriented entertainment complex with a combination of shopping, various types of amusement for young and old, great food, and a fun place for all ages. Admission is free of charge, and there is ample car parking space which is free too.
Parade of classic cars
Classic cars parade
The very high Super Shot freefall …
This guy looks a little dazed afte…
spocklogic says:
Tell me you didn't really lick that big nasty ice cream cone statue! ; )
Posted on: Jun 22, 2013
jeanh2 says:
That place looks like lots of fun ... and full of nostalgia too for those of us who remember those days ...
Posted on: Jun 20, 2013
Cho says:
Hi CJ, thanks for the smile. Sorry to hear you had to cancel your Asia trip, but good to know you may be coming to Orlando. Do look me up, and we can get together for a beer or even coffee.
Posted on: Jun 20, 2013