Old Town Trolley Tour (Day Tour)

234 Martin Luther King, Savannah, GA, USA
Old Town Trolley Tour (Day Tour) - Old Town Trolley Tours at the Savannah Visitor Center
Old Town Trolley Tour (Day Tour) - Old Town Trolley Tours
Old Town Trolley Tour (Day Tour) - Old Town Trolley Tours
Old Town Trolley Tour (Day Tour) - The tour was boring, we were just exhausted from our long drive

Old Town Trolley Tour (Day Tour) Savannah Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Navigating the Squares of Savannah Apr 02, 2012
Old Town Trolley operates "tourist trolley" motorized trams around the historic district of Savannah. It's a great way to both see what the city has to offer and as a means of transportation around the historic district. It is similar tot their operations in St. Augustine and other cities.

Trolleys depart from the Savannah Visitor Center on Matin Luther King, Jr., Blvd. There is free parking for the day at the trolley headquarters across the street and pay parking in the Visitor Center parking lot. Trams operate from there to the historic district, circle Ellis Square and the City Market, travel to the south end of Forsyth Park, go from there up to River Street, and then return to the Visitor Center. In the process, all of the major downtown sights are passed and pointed out. Visitors can ride all day on a ticket and hop on and off as often as desired. So, you can explore one part of the city and then board a tram to go the next part that interests you. The driver also provides as narration of what you are seeing along the way. Trams operate on 15-20 minute headways until 5:00 p.m.

Multi-day tickets are available. Ticket packages also include discounted admission to the popular attractions and museums in Savannah. We bought a two-day ticket for our stay.

There are also special nighttime ghost tours and other tours.
Old Town Trolley Tours at the Sava…
Old Town Trolley Tours
Old Town Trolley Tours
HuBison HuBison
The oldest planned city in the US (seen by trolley) Aug 22, 2010
We grabbed a trolley tour of Savannah, GA and I had a great time. Sights include: the bench/park where Forrest Gump was filmed, the childood home of the founder of the National Girl Scouts and their first HQ, some scenery from "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" (which I had to rent after going on this tour), Forsyth Park, and you can get dropped off by the Riverwalk (but that should be your last stop!)

We also drove by a super long line of people waiting to get into Paula Deen's restaurant. I didn't know so many people would wait in line to clog their arteries!

You get to hop on and hop off at different places and then come back and catch the next trolley, but my friend and I had driven down from Atlanta and we were so exhausted! She had been to Savannah before and I had not, so I enjoyed the tour while she took a nap; besides, the weather at the time we went wasn't so great and so walking around wasn't really an option until the evening when it dried up. But if you end up in Savannah, it's one snazzy Southern town.
The tour was boring, we were just …
HuBison says:
I would go back there if there weren't a ba-zillion other places to go.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2010