Old Town (Stare Miasto)

Warsaw, Poland

Old Town (Stare Miasto) Warsaw Reviews

Bojasem Bojasem
you must see Jun 14, 2016
Warsaw Old Town (Stare Miasto) is The heart of warsaw & centre of the area is the Old Town Market Place, this place is rich in restaurants, cafes and shops. Surrounding streets feature medieval architecture such as the city walls, the Barbican and St. John's Cathedral.

It is thrilling attraction & you will enjoy by different ways.

1-The weather is frech & cool Tempreture.

2-colorful buildings.

3-Nice place to walk & enjoy from the old town.

4-great food & drink.

5-It is busy area.

Note this place is big so you can by any station in the old town or walk if your hotel.

by the way you can arrive by bus or metro or tram.

100% worth visit.
knight statue
Building in the old town
Warsaw Uprising Monument
rutemartins rutemart…
Cute place to walk and see old Warsaw Mar 28, 2016
I wont add much because other reviews here are pretty much useful already.

During winter, you'll find xmas market and small ice skating ringue suoer nice decorated. Some snacks and mulled wine are my favorite things here. Restaurants nearby sre expensive but I recommend Bazyliszek (in the square) because it was the only one I tried there and didnt feel too expensive for some good polish food.

During summer, enjoy the restaurants/bars with places outside and probably the area will be crwoded. Down the Old Town and next to the river, there is a nice fountain where people go to relax and refresh on the water (yesm ppl go inside to feel some fresh water) and at night there is a light show.

During weekends, usually buses dont pass in the big street towards Old Town so take a public bike or walk.
cimtech cimtech
Old Town Festival, Warsaw Aug 31, 2014
I really liked Warsaw public transportation system, did not have any problem moving around and go to places I planned to visit. Only in rare occasion I used Taxi but that could have been avoided. Bought a ticket which was valid for 24 hours ( Cost 15.00 zt) and was good for Tram, bus etc.

From my hotel heading to Old Town (On UNESCO’s World Heritage List), took a tram and change over to bus. not that far away from the hotel Mercure Grand at Krucza, old town was crowded on a Sunday morning, some kind of festival going on. Lot of street activities and parade going on. In addition to the beautiful weather the festival was an added bonus to me, it was really fun to be able to observe different local activities.

Spend couple of hours strolling around the Old Town’s historic centre and oldest part of the city. specially in and around Royal Castle, Castle squire, St John’s Cathedral, Dzwonnica. Taras Widokowy, Miltimedia Fountain Park, King Zygmunt III Waza Column, Old Town Market square, Church of St. Martin, Monument of the Warsaw Mermaid etc. During World War II, 90% of it was destroyed, but they have done an excellent job on restoration and recovery, in 1980 it was granted the status of a UNESCO World Heritage List.
Warszawskie Street Party!
Busy Castle square !
Must be a politician on the stage !
Castle square activities on a Sund…
rsvpme says:
Hasan...Congrats on making a great feature......!
Posted on: Oct 02, 2014
cotton_foam says:
Hassan & Ems: you guys should have a mini-meetup!!
Posted on: Sep 29, 2014
rsvpme says:
Well said..well photographed...!
Posted on: Sep 29, 2014
cimtech cimtech
Walking Tour - Old Town Warsaw! Aug 31, 2014
Warsaw Old Town was fascinating, I took walking tour through the town two days in a row and each day discover something new. It was a great experience to see and enjoy beautiful old historical buildings, small alley, restaurants, Churches, Statues, squares, and streets full of people from all walks of life.

Emy ( Thanks to EmyG / Emilia) gave me excellent directions of Warsaw so I have just followed them religiously. Get off from the tram at Charles’a de Gaulle’a station and start walking north on the street called Nowy Swiat (the start of Old Town) and later it becomes Krakowskie Przedmiescie all the way to Castle Square (center of the old town). Among many things i saw these are the places stands out among all:

Staszic Palace ( I guess now it’s part of Warsaw University), Holy Cross Church and the figure of Christ carrying the holy cross is the landmark of the church, The famous Hotel Bristol, Presidential Palace, Statue of Adam Mickiewicz (The Polish Poet), Unique architecture of St. Joseph of the Visitatioists Church, and later also visited St. Hyacinth’s and St Kazimierz Church in the old town.
Airportman Airportm…
Beautiful old area of Warsaw Sep 18, 2010
The Old Town (Stare Miasto) is the oldest district of the city. During World War 2, it was mostly destroyed. But thanks to old archives, photos and other documents, it is completely rebuild in the original state.

And in my opinion, if one wouldn't know any better, the buildings would be very old.

The starting point for me as the Castle Square, which is the end point of Krakowskie Przedmiescie street. At this square, I saw immediately what I could expect of the Old Town: colourful buildings and streets.

I walked through the various streets like Piwna street. This place is great to roam around for hours, great photo opportunities or to have a drink at one of many restaurants or bars that are located in the Old Town.

The buildings aren't only occupied by restaurants and cafes, but also various shops and antique stores. The floors above the stores are occupied by local residents. So, I didn't only saw the tourists.

For a large part, the defensive city walls are still intact, as part of the Barbakan. This was once a fortified outpost surrounding all of Warsaw.

Another place that I didn't miss, was the Old Town is the Old Town Market Square. Surrounded by colourful buildings, the square houses many restaurants and shops. It's also great for a beer on the terrace or a meal and watch the various people roam around the square.

In the Old Town, there are also various churches, like St. Martin's Church, Jesuit Church and St. John's Cathedral.

I found (and still do) this place a big highlight of my time in Warsaw.
Castle Square
Piwna street
Green building

Related Travel Blogs About Old Town (Stare Miasto)

Warsaw Old Town
 We took an airport bus to central station then took a metro to our hotel. The central station were so big, it took us a while to find the right metro station though. We asked a lady and she obv…Warsaw Old Town - Stare Miasto. It was destroyed during the World War II and was restore in the 1970’s . There…
Day 1 - Warsaw
After flying all morning... i finally made it to Warsaw.  Since I'll be "slumming it" on this part of my trip, I decided to take the cheapest means of transport from Frederick Chopin Int'l Airpo…Warsaw.  As with most old European towns, you can really walk just about everywhere you want to go.  I spent the afternoon meandering through the Stare Miasto

Check Warsaw Hotel Deals