Old Town Apartments Rome

Old Town Apartments Rome Rates and Deals

Old Town Apartments Rome Reviews

ponsonbelly ponsonbe…
Caravaggio Apartment Sep 10, 2010
I stayed in this apartment with my family from the 9/9/09 to the 13/9/09.

I found the apartment to be absolutely excellent! The apartment consisted of two bedrooms, large hallway, bathroom, kitchen and sitting room (which was furnished with a sofa bed, tv and table and chairs.) There was a double bed in one bedroom and two single beds in the other. The bedrooms were very clean, although the bed I slept on wasn't the most comfortable I've ever slept on!

The apartment was located in a largely residential block of apartments, so it was a great authentic experience staying there. There was a small lift in the building which I think is the quietest lift I've ever been on! The apartment had very large windows with huge wooden shutters. My mother and brother are very scared of heights and I was the one who had to lean out each night to close the shutters :P

Old Town Apartments organised a taxi to collect us from the airport as we were arriving very late at night and although the taxi driver spoke no English we communicated well :P The next day we had to make our way to the main offices to pay for the stay. Fortunately they had provided us with a very handy map so we could find our way around.

We only had two problems with the apartment during our stay. 1) the holder for the shower head was faulty so we had to almost tie it up so we could shower and 2) we had absolutely no idea how to work the cooker! Fortunately my mam is a whiz with a grill/oven combo, so we didn't starve! I contacted Old Town Apartments about the issues and they fixed both. (They put up instructions for the use of the cooker :P)

The bathroom drains (ie the toilet flush and sink and bath drains) were incredibly noisy, it was almost scary to use but I assumed this was natural as they worked very efficiently.

The apartment was located very close to the Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome which was very nice. We found that we did a lot of walking when we were there and the apartment was very handily located to local shops and tourist sites. The only thing I'd say about Rome is that the restaurants located near tourist sites are an absolute rip-off! It is so much better to take more of a walk and find the lovely friendly restaurants that are so much cheaper and tastier!

As for the apartment, I found it to be excellent value for the location and I would indeed recommend it to everyone looking for somewhere to stay in Rome.
my brother in the sitting room :)

Old Town Apartments Rome Overview

In the beautiful city of Rome, Old Town Apartments offers self-catering accommodations in the historical center of the city so all the Eternal City will be at your doorstep. All of our apartments are located in the historical centre of Rome, the best location to explore the eternal city. Check-in will take place at the central office in Via Torino 135 where we will give you all the indications how to reach your apartment. If you are looking for a meaningful stay in Rome you will find that these central apartments are the perfect choice to truly enjoy the holidays, discovering famous Roman districts rich with attractions. The apartments are located close to Rome’s main attractions and can accommodate either individuals or groups. The service provides all the advantages of private apartment lodging, such as independence and privacy, together with all the services expected from a hotel. Check-in is done at Old Town Apartments office in Via Torino 135 where you will be given instructions on how to reach your apartment (which is at a different address). Facilities at the Old Town Apartments include maps at the front desk, as well as a multilingual staff.

Old Town Apartments Amenities