Old Taverna

Old Taverna - Old Taverna

Old Taverna Mtskheta Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
Old Taverna Jun 04, 2014
After my first explorations of the town I felt in need of an early dinner. The outdoor seating of Old Taverna (Dzveli Taverna) looked quite inviting to me, as it offered good views of the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral. Also some locals were already eating there, which I thought could be a good sign.

So I took a seat at one of the brand new wooden tables and perused the bilingual menu. It offered a wide variety of Georgian dishes from Khinkali (Georgian dumplings) to all sorts of barbecued meats.

I ordered barbeque pork (8,00 GEL) and two Khinkali, one with meat (0,60 GEL) and one with cheese (0,70 GEL). I was quite happy that I could order only one of each, as in other places I had noticed that one has to order at least 5 pieces of khinkali. To drink I had a local Mtieli beer (2,00 GEL).

The food was excellent value for money and I really enjoyed my evening at the restaurant, so that I ordered a second beer and another khinkali with cheese.

Staff spoke sufficient English and was very friendly. As quite common in Georgia an extra of 10 % for service was added to the bill.

I can higly recommend a visit of the Old Taverna, especially when the weather is nice enough to sit outside.

The Old Taverna Restaurant is situated in the south western corner of the pedestrianised streets which surround the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral.
Old Taverna