Old Stein Inn

www.oldstein-inn.com - (410) 798-6807

Old Stein Inn Mayo Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Authentic German food in the Annapolis area May 20, 2012
Located on 214 in Edgewater/Mayo, you can't miss it. Just keep going. It'll be on your right if you are coming from Annapolis.

The Old Stein is an authentic German restaurant with beer garden. I can say this because I am German and I've had their food. They are doing their best with the ingredients they can get and as far as I can tell, bake their own pretzels and bread. Best authentic pretzels I have had in the United States to date. I do not like the "American pretzel" because it doesn't come close to the original. Nice and crunchy. I still wouldn't eat it with mustard, with what it is served with here.

The beer is authentic German beer from Munich. Upon request they even mixed my a "Radler" which is lager with clear lemonade.

I enjoyed the Schnitzel burger on the pretzel bun. Pretzel bun, fantastic idea. They don't even do that in Germany.

I should call it an authentic Bavarian place since that is what most of the dishes on the menu are. Bavarian. Think Oktoberfest!

All this was enjoyed on Mark's birthday, by him and his family, who wanted all my input on the dishes served.

People tried the sausages on buns, the "Obatzda" which is a kind of cheese spread, made with brie. The "butcher" plater looked great as well, an assortment of German cold cuts and liver paste.

Desserts where also served. Cheese cake was yummy, and Mark ordered a Black Forrest dessert.

I recommend this place if you are in the area, or if you are a German stranded in a foreign country and want a taste of home.
My Schnitzel burger with fries and…
Apple pie
The sign
missandrea81 says:
Thank you all for your sweet comments. I appreciate it!
Posted on: Jun 04, 2012
spicyricecake says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Jun 03, 2012
monky says:
Congrats on your feature!:)
Posted on: Jun 03, 2012