Old St Pauls

04-473 6722

Old St Pauls Wellington Reviews

shirlan shirlan
Beautiful Jan 07, 2010
The old church was to be demolished when a new one was built, but eventually it was taken over and slowly repaired/restored to its present glory.

Anyone can wander through and there are people there who will happily fill you in on the history of the church.

There are still weddings performed in the church, a lot by Celebrants but some Clergy also perform weddings there. The church is still ordained.

There is a little area in the church where they sell souveniers. I bought a candle the first time I went there, and this time I bought a couple of Rosary beads as my daughter was soon to be married in a Catholic church and I thought it would be nice for her to have. Of course I had to have one too.

The upkeep of this church is funded by the sale of souveniers, donations and of course the hiring of the church for weddings.

There is even an organ in the church that can be used. It is just a beautiful place to walk around and admire the carvings, the leadlight windows and even the old Baptismal Font.

Check Wellington Hotel Deals