Old Spanish Days Fiesta

Several Locations around the city, Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Old Spanish Days Fiesta Santa Barbara Reviews

j2006 j2006
Good times for all! Aug 06, 2008
This is basically a 5 day party around the city celebrating the Spanish heritage of Santa Barbara during the first weekend of every August.

I haven't been there in a long time, but as a kid, a teenager, and a 20 year old in college I loved it. There's something for everyone that enjoys mexican food, flavors, & fun. It's actually quite a cultural experience if you've never been to SB during this time.

You will have several options for eating at many park locations around SB that also help to support the community. There are 1 or 2 parades that are on State Street or Milpas. I also recall a beer garden or 2 when I used to live there about 10 years ago (but I'm not sure if they've continued that tradition). There are several amazing shows around town that include the most amazing Spanish dancers, mariachis, art and of course...more mexican food!

During the evening the local and out-of-town partiers pack up downtown State Street and crowd the clubs and bars all night long. It's a great time for college ages & older to party for the week...not sure the cops like it though!

You'll find many people selling traditional "confetti eggs" throughout town (Cleaned out egg shells stuffed with confetti paper and/or glitter that you smash on/over peoples heads before they get you!). I remember it just used to be confetti, but I know that before I left town for college some people were including glitter...truly a pain to get out of your hair, but soooooo much fun to smash on other people's heads!

I truly miss living there and enjoying this time of year there. Hopefully I can make it there next year and include my own personal pictures with this review...I'm sad I missed it this year AGAIN!

If you want to include more or you think I missed something in my review please feel free to comment and add your advice!

Check Santa Barbara Hotel Deals