Old Prague Hostel

Check Prague Hotel Deals

Old Prague Hostel Reviews

Marius1981 Marius19…
Old Prague Hostel Aug 25, 2008
Old Prague Hostel is located right in the heart of the city, 4-5 minutes walk out from the old town square, on Benediktska Street.

It’s a bit difficult to locate it at first because of all the narrow streets. Clean and quiet, not really a party place, but definitely a place to meet people always ready to go for a pub crawl and good times.

They give free breakfast in the morning as well and you’ll get all the facilities you’ll have at any decent hostel. Plus they have a music/dvd player - and it works like a jukebox, you can choose whatever you wanna listen/see.

Only one tiny thing I can reproach them: I had to pay in Czech kronas and they didn’t accept euros, so I had to leave my bags, get out and find an exchange and come back and pay, which is a wee bit frustrating after a long and tiresome trip.

They have 83% rating on Hostelworld.
kitchen and common room
gserrado gserrado
Great Prague location May 12, 2008
Great location for central prague. Is less than a 5 minute walk to the prague plaza and is surrounded by restaurants, cafes, and shops.

The place is clean and hospitable. There is two floors of rooms, most are dorms which you share with six to eight people. The beds are comfortable and they provide sheets and towels. Shared floor bathrooms which are very clean all the time (two ladies clean that place all day). Price includes a breakfast sandwich, cereal, milk, coffee, orange juice.

The staff could be a it more friendly. They just give the key and set you off. They only provide info if you ask.

The bad thing about this place is that they allow smoking in the common areas (not inside the rooms) so you leave smelling like cigarettes. Also, at night people like gather in the common area to drink and talk, which can get very noisy. Is a great place to meet people but is not a quiet hostel

Dorms= 900 ch
phaksini phaksini
Cheap Convenient Hostel Sep 24, 2008
The only plus point of Old Prague Hostel is its location - all within walking distance and shopping and food at the palladium. Great place for meeting travellers from all over. However, the breakfast sucks with one cold roll pre-wrapped and cornflakes only. No decent coffee or milk.

Also no privacy in the shower with only curtains and no place for towels, toiletry. We were 7 people in a room (which was a bit croweded) but what can you expect for its cheap price. Cooking was minimal and at times crowded.

Overall rating - reasonably comfortable.
lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
Jun 16, 2007
This hostel had to be the best hostel that we stayed in! It was soo clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. All the rooms were really clean as well as the bathrooms. And the most important thing to me is the shower and they were very nice as well!! Everytime we went into the hostel we saw someone cleaning. ALWAYS! In the morning you get free breakfast which to tell the truth isn't that great..it's just cornflakes but you also get one free sandwhich a day which is actually really good!! At first when we got to the hostel we were pretty confused because no other places gives away a sandwhich a day haha. The hostel also provides a really friendly atmosphere as there are lounge areas and kitchens on the first and second floor where everyone hangs out and meets. Some of the rooms have actual beds and some of the rooms have bunk beds but they all have lockers in them which were good quality and kept your belongings safe. This hostel is very close to the Old town square and not too far of a walk from restaurants, grocery stores, and nightlife. The hostel also provides free interent with 2 computers and maps of the city as well as brochures for other fun stuff to do! It's not that far of a walk from the train station but it's not the main train station so if you are leaving from the main station you have to take the underground but it's only a couple of stops. If you are going to Prague I definatley recommend this hostel. One of the best!
this is a private room
kitchen/lounge area

Related Travel Blogs About Old Prague Hostel

Tired in Prague after pulling an all nighter..sort of
We got to Prague in the early evening I think, I can't really remember. We were a bit tired after not sleeping much the night before. But we found our hostel, the Old Prague Hostel and checked in. Ou…hostel, the Old Prague Hostel and checked in. Our first night we had a private room because thats all we could…
Beautiful City of Prague
  After a loooong layover in Heathrow, I finally arrived in Prague... Instead of following the directions to the hostel provided to me which was too tired to figure out, I decided to take …hostel like he said he would.  Upon arriving to Old Prague Hostel, quickly settled and went out to explore…
New friends and a creepy encounter!
Today we were checking out of our hostel in Prague and heading to Vienna!! We had another early morning funny experience as well. I must say Prague is good for those haha. Anyways last night, Jimmy, …Old Prague Hostel. I got this yummy egg and bagel which was pretty sweet. After breakfast we went back…

Check Prague Hotel Deals