Old Mission Church and Cemetery

  based on 1 review   write a review

200 Church Street, Upper Sandusky, OH, USA

Old Mission Church and Cemetery Upper Sandusky Reviews

PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
83 reviews
Aug 12, 2007
The Wyandot Mission Church near Upper Sandusky was the first North American Methodist mission. The mission church was built in 1824 in an effort to convert the Wyandott Indians, but was only active for 19 years before it was abandoned. The building was eventually restored in the late 1800s and 1980s, and as recently as last year (2006). Visitors will find historical information, along with historic drawings and photographs at the site. The Mission Church is listed on the National Register of Historic Buildings. The church sits in the very interesting Old Mission Cemetery; in which the most unusual tombstone reads that a lady died on February 31st, 1838.
Link
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Upper Sandusky Hotel Deals

Check-in:
Check-out:
Guests:
Rooms:
Old Mission Church and Cemetery Map
Upper Sandusky
photo by: PhinsAndGills