Old Historical Quito, Ecuador

Quito, Ecuador

Old Historical Quito, Ecuador Reviews

rsvpme rsvpme
A Walk in Quito and History Sep 21, 2013
Latin America seems to inspire love in many forms. The Latin culture , over the years, has become both my pain and my pleasure. My pleasure comes from the people who give me hope and my pain because my travels there, are never enough. I always crave to return, over and over. No matter where else I visit...I must return to my roots.

I traveled to Ecuador and Peru again this year and had the pleasure of exploring new ground.

To me that the core of any Latin American location is the Parque Central, the Central park.. In these parks, people congregate and life unfolds in beautiful patterns.

I try to sit, watch and then the pulse stats to beat in my mind. I feel the sense of history, perhaps I feel the sense of belonging, but mostly I feel the peace of knowing that I am connecting with the area. It is a strange feeling..

This was my first trip to Ecuador, and I was not disappointed with " Old Town ". It is huge, magical and very much alive. We walked the streets and sat in silent awe. It was magic..it is magic..it satisfied every one of my cravings.

Quito has the distinct aroma of history........it exudes history and modernity at the same time.....a delicious blend of elements.

I try to capture the essence of the perfume of a place, with simple street scenes and architecture...I fail horribly , but I do love each chance I have to come alive again.

These are a few of my first impressions. Some are in color, some are in Black and White. All are simple renditions of reality.

I do hope that some will inspire others to go tho this magical part of the world.
Central Parque monumento in ful lg…
Centro Parque iglesia
Overview of parque
The church tower..captures the sky…
rsvpme says:
Russ..I am sure that Ecuador will blow you away...!
rsvpme says:
May......I am sure you would be enchanted !
cotton_foam says:
Your passion for this region is so contagious that I want to add it on my bucket list!!!

Check Quito Hotel Deals